Recent Blogs Posts

1. No Heat, no AC, no fan, no electric (except head / tail lights)

I'm trying to learn myself how to work on this van of mine.

The head / tail / blinkers work. There is nothing else electric that works in this van.

The first thing I want to work on is the fan / blower and the heater and defroster. I live at 9000 feet elevation, and it will be unpleasant come late October to drive that van around!

How would you begin looking at getting the heater / blower to work?

I'm going to delve into the fuse box today, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Replacing a Previa head gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    There's a guy over on the yahoo Previa group that made a nice write-up on doing the job with the engine "sort of installed". I attached a PDF of his procedure to this post. I say "sort of installed" because you nearly need to remove the engine to get the access you need. IMHO, if you go to that much trouble you're almost there. Get the thing out in the open where you can have ample access to do the job without complications. There will likely be other things that need attention
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  3. check engine light.

hello everyone, new to the site. been a fan of the weird old toyota van for years. i recently picked up a 84 2wd manual with 109k on it. check engine light is a problem. i followed the steps layed out in in the post by timsrv, couldnt get it to go into diagnostic mode. took it to my mechanic, he also could not seem to figure it out. cant get it to pass california smog with that dang light on. the van runs great, no leaks, starts right up and runs strong. i have a feeling the check engine light itself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Coolant Leak

Great Site . My 1985 Hiace has the 4Y motor , I have noticed a very slight weep of coolant between the backing alloy casting behind the water pump and the block . This is slightly below the stud that goes through the water pump and into the block , could you please tell me there is an easy fix ?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Shoulder seat belts for rear seats of 87 Van LE 4x4

Anyone have good suggestions for shoulder (3pt) seat belts for a 1987 Toyota Van LE 4x4?

The middle (2nd) row has the two swivel captains chairs, while the 3rd row has the bench seat.

The interior color is beige.

Thanks in advance for any insight to helps us get should belts for our vehicle.
    Tags: seatbelt Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized