• Help support ToyotaVanTech.com!

Your donations help pay for the running costs of the site. We couldn't do it without you! CLICK HERE to donate through PayPal.
  • Recent Blog Posts

Duckie

No Heat, no AC, no fan, no electric (except head / tail lights)

I'm trying to learn myself how to work on this van of mine. The head / tail / blinkers work. There is nothing else electric that works in this van. The first thing I want to work on is the fan...

08-13-2017 01:36 PM
    John A Feider

Replacing a Previa head gasket.

Hey Tim.......John here from big CO country! Hope you're still in the Prev business. I finally recovered from all my skiing and eye injuries and am back to putting my '92 Prev back together. I...

08-11-2017 02:31 PM
    Brando

check engine light.

hello everyone, new to the site. been a fan of the weird old toyota van for years. i recently picked up a 84 2wd manual with 109k on it. check engine light is a problem. i followed the steps layed...

07-28-2017 03:01 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Cali Cruiser

Re: Wanted drivers side rear slider window

I think more detailed information would help find you a replacement.

Do you have a picture of your window assembly to properly identify it? The reason for asking...most vans have factory windows,...

Cali Cruiser 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM Go to last post
    brentlehr

200K mile service recommendations?

Recently just passed 200K miles on my van. There are a few things I've been putting off but I'm looking for recommendations from folks with higher mileage vans on preventative maint. I'm the second...

brentlehr 08-16-2017, 04:47 PM Go to last post
    ratatouille

Re: 20w-50 oil for these vans?

Congrats on the van.:thmbup: The manual states that's OK to use. But personally I only use that if it's on sale and the hot months of the year. Normally I grab 10w-40. I'm not an expert but with my...

ratatouille 08-16-2017, 04:43 PM Go to last post
    NewVanOwner

20w-50 oil for these vans?

I just picked up a new van. Miles are around 150k.

There's a sticker on the windshield indicating the last oil change was with 20w-50. Is this an acceptable weight? Or, should I drain it?

NewVanOwner 08-16-2017, 02:30 PM Go to last post
    jtholley03

1987 4x4 Van leaking oil

It is leaking from the front. I believe it is either the front seal or the oil pump seal. I can do both at the same time. My question is if it's possible to pull the front pulley and do the seals...

jtholley03 08-16-2017, 11:10 AM Go to last post