Thread: 2001 Hiace 2.4d finding correct Fan clutch and Thermostat

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    2001 Hiace LWB

2001 Hiace 2.4d finding correct Fan clutch and Thermostat

Hi all,

I have been reading through relevant posts this morning regarding fan clutch and thermostat replacement. I need to replace these parts, and have seen on other posts that its important to only use an oem thermostat - most of the posts i read seem to be talking about earlier models, whereas this van is 2001. Is it still vital to use an oem themostat on this model?

I am also struggling to find the correct fan clutch for this model, if I put the vehicle details into the sites i would usually order from, then they offer me an AISIN part, however the original equipment part no it replaces is 16210-54180.

This is different to the part number suggested in the Fan clutch thread on here (16210-73010)..... Im not very familiar with these vehicles, and wonder if the thread i was reading does not apply to this van!

Can anyone possibly confirm the correct part number I would need for this vehicle? Or can anyone reccomend a reliable online source of part numbers for this vehicle?

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

Re: 2001 Hiace 2.4d finding correct Fan clutch and Thermostat

Unfortunately, while there is a diesel specific section, this forum is largely dedicated to 1984-89 US market gas powered vans and 1991-97 US market gas powered Previas. You should be able to find part numbers and possibly parts at https://toyota.epc-data.com/. You can also just get the part numbers and then search the internet with that part number. You will need to have your frame number to search. The frame number is different than the VIN and is usually located under a cutout carpet flap on the vertical metal panel below the front right seat. Good luck with your project.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    2001 Hiace LWB

Re: 2001 Hiace 2.4d finding correct Fan clutch and Thermostat

That's amazing - Thank you so much, the link was exactly what i was looking for but couldn't find!

Does any per chance have any knowledge on whether it is important to use the oem thermostat for this vehicle? I have limited time to replace it, and the delivery time from toyota will take too long.......

Thanks for reading