So the other day I was driving to work and was getting on the express lanes, as I shifted thru the gears and was driving in 4th gear at 40mph I noticed the van wasn't speeding up?? I thought I was in the wrong gear but when I checked I was indeed in 4th gear, I proceeded to shift into 5th only for the van continue to lose speed so I pulled over onto the shoulder.

As I took it out of gear and coasted over to the shoulder safely I noticed that the idle was at a steady 750-800rpm, no trembling, shimmying or hesitation, the needle was solid. I checked the vitals, temperature and oil seemed normal. I sat there for a few minutes to see if the idle would change but it was good. While in neutral I started to push down on the accelerator about half way but the engine would only rev up to 1900-2100 rpms and no more. It was just bouncing in that range vroom...vroom... vroom... And then I let off and it would go back to normal idle.

I sat for 10 minutes repeating this and then it did start to go up to 4300 rpms but it struggled to get there, it only did this a couple of time before going back to the original problem. So I called AAA and they towed me to the shop. They finally came 3 hours later after I called them and chewed them out for leaving me stranded on the express lanes and the State Trooper told me kindly to move my dusty bucket off the freeway before they switched directions.

I did take a video so I could show it to the guys at the shop cause I know from the past experience the van will act up with me but when I take it to the shop then all is fine and dandy!! They looked at the video and said as long as it's still acting up they'll be able to diagnose the issue. And of course they've had it for a week and it's running just fine.

They've left the Van running for hours and took it on test drives between working on other cars and still nothing?? But there are 3 possible things they said could be the problem-
1) air flow meter
2) fuel filter
3) fuel pump

I asked them if it could be a vacuum leak, broken air intake tube, or bad TPS and they said more then likely not, but if it'll act up then they'll know for sure.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and what was the final resolution? Thank you for your time, knowledge and inputs in advance