Thread: Google Notice - "Dangerous" site warning for TVT.com

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE 5 spd mnl

Google Notice - "Dangerous" site warning for TVT.com

Anyone else seeing a warning page coming up when trying to access TVT website :

Name:  error page.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  52.2 KB

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

Re: Google Notice - "Dangerous" site warning for TVT.com

I got this as well on my work computer.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Yes, and I've been working on this for the last 3 days. With work all I have is evenings and this has been taking up all my time (stayed up all night the 1st night). Evidently somebody flagged our site with Google and without investigating (I'm assuming) Google blacklisted us. Initially I thought we were hacked, so I had a 3rd party scan the site and it came up clean. As a precaution I had the site software upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin, then i resubmitted to Google (multiple times) to have the flag removed. Of course, as with anything it's a lot easier to screw things up than to fix.

At this point, it's all about waiting for Google to evaluate the site, deem it safe, and remove their flag. So far nobody has been able to tell me how long that should take. It's very frustrating to me and extremely hard to be patient, but not much I can do that I haven't already done. If they don't do something by tomorrow I'm going to start raising a fit, although that's probably another waste of time. Thanks for being brave enough to hang out here with us deceptive attackers, scammers, and deplorable racist low-life scum (please have your credit cards and bank account information ready) . Tim

Oh, and BTW, we were ranked high on Google prior to this (came up on top of key word searches), but now if you search Google, it's like we never existed. Hopefully that too will return to normal when they remove the flag.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Let us know if we need to roflroflroflroflrofl at Google too!
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    IG:@dialupthevan 89 - 2WD - 201k 87 - 4WD - 188K

Quote Originally Posted by originalkwyjibo View Post
    I got this as well on my work computer.
    Same, but I disabled the fraudulent site warning in preferences. It was getting difficult to browse when the warning message popped up every time I changed the page

On a side note I need some help should I give you guys my VIN number or my SSN?
    That smells like regular! She needs premium DUDE! PREMIUM!

My Van(s):
    89 4WD, 87 le 4WD, 85 2wd , 87 2wd cargo , 88 2wd cargo. 76 International Harvester school bus,

I have been having the same issues. It's a conspiracy to keep old vehicles off the road and sell you a shiny new american POS. just kidding but, I am seeing a trend of information suppression. Im tempted to buy a printer and print up all the great info contained in these archives. I would hate to see everyone's hard work go down the drain.
    Hopefully Google gets it together. thanks

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    Let us know if we need to roflroflroflroflrofl at Google too!
    I don't know enough about this sort of thing to be sure, but I think we're now waiting for the next time Google updates their list of "genuine" websites. It's something they do periodically, but I can't find out how frequently that is. Since I have already submitted multiple times, I don't think more reports will speed things up, but it certainly wouldn't hurt...........I say "the more the merrier". If you or anybody have the time and inclination, you can click on the "DETAILS" button of that warning message, then click on the "Report a Detection Problem" link. At that point you go through a "Captcha" verification and answer a couple questions. Thanks for asking. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelgado View Post
    should I give you guys my VIN number or my SSN?
    Actually, you don't need to give us any of that. With our new software we'll suck all that right out of your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chardog1971 View Post
    I have been having the same issues. It's a conspiracy to keep old vehicles off the road and sell you a shiny new american POS
    Yes, it's hard not to feel picked on. I'm going through another Google issue right now regarding my business listing. Google has gotten too big and don't listen to us little folks anymore. "Shoot 1st and ask questions later" seems to be their motto. Tim

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

TVT could be caught in the net of of this campaign:https://www.wired.com/2017/01/google...-sites-profit/
    I have personally never seen this warning YET.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):
    (2) 86 2WD auto LE's (Daily driver has 335k+miles) (1) 87 4WD auto Conversion (90k orig miles) (1) 87 4WD auto LE (1) 88 2WD auto LE (1) 89 4WD auto Conversion (1) 89 4WD auto LE... Still lookin

Sometime before I started getting the Google notices I would get a page that looked like a hack job. Nothing bad seemed to happen... it was some kind of notice about downloading software.

I only encountered it when I followed the link from an email stating that someone had posted to one of my threads. It didn't happen often but prob every time someone did post to one of my threads and I followed the link back from and email.

Add a post to one of my threads as a test and I will let you know. I'll even get a screen copy.

-Jim

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

After about 24 hours of being totally blocked from TVT by my own virus protection software (likely triggered by the Google warnings), I've regained access. I just did a scan through one of the software control panels and found 30 virus scripts and cleaned them up (more accurately, I trusted the software to do just that when it offered to). All viruses were related to the siteowners@toyotavantech.com email, so what Dogfish was seeing might have been the problem.

Dogfish, I posted in another thread of yours as a test. Lemme know what happens when you get the notification this time.

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

My Van(s):
    (2) 86 2WD auto LE's (Daily driver has 335k+miles) (1) 87 4WD auto Conversion (90k orig miles) (1) 87 4WD auto LE (1) 88 2WD auto LE (1) 89 4WD auto Conversion (1) 89 4WD auto LE... Still lookin

No Joy...

When I follow the email link I don't get anything but the Google warning now.

Hopefully you have found any issues and we'll just have to wait for Google.

-Jim

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Okay, things appear to be back to normal. That was a major PITA! Thank goodness it's over. Thanks for your patience and support everyone! Tim

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

Thanks from me as well — this was frustrating for Tim and me. The patience, helpful comments, and support we received are greatly appreciated!

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE 5 spd mnl

hmm. must have been the flu..it's that time of year you know. Thanks for the time on it Tim and llamavan!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 Toyota LE 1987 Toyota 4WD Auto 1986 Toyota LE Sunroof Van - Project 1978 Dodge B200 Rockin' 70s Van

Huge Thanks for getting the site fixed. I can new view from work! Was blocked by our Bluecoat software for a long time. Now I can get back to posting! lol

Brent

EDIT - Just realized that the problem existed almost a year ago. Just recently has TVT been working at work for me. Weird.