Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 89' cargo van at Arlington, WA PnP

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce auto 87' 4x4 5spd LE

89' cargo van at Arlington, WA PnP

Wow and it's a cargo van with a very straight body and no dents on the cargo door either. Haven't seen a cargo van in the pick n' pull in a long time, looking at the interior body it was once the famous dark blue color and the exterior was painted to a metallic looking brown/gold color. I'm sure it was nice at one point.

Going into the wreckers to find rare spares and unicorn pieces, you have to turn over many rocks to obtain good parts, but this rare van looked like it was pulled outta the swamp!!! I didn't have my CHSP PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Scuba Gear to dive into it to even think about pulling parts.

This van has 422k miles on it, the most I've ever seen, how awesome, but then probably parked under a tree and forgetten about. Good dashpad, rear hatch exterior handle and mechanisms, I just couldn't open it from the outside and didn't want to go inside the rear cargo rear to try it from inside but it looked like some was already trying cause there was a lug nut bar laying in the back. It still had one good reverse integrated tail light assembly, good front fenders.

I had my gloves so I raised the front seat to have a look at a 400k mile engine and it was all there, but I wasn't going to be lingering around in there. The sliding door runner rail was in good shape too. I got some pictures I'll post as well.

Check it out-

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JT4YR28V7K5071755

JDM
    Last edited by JDM VANMAN; 06-03-2017 at 12:56 AM.

My Van(s):

Re: 89' cargo van at Arlington, WA PnP

Check it out-

3. 06-03-2017, 11:13 AM

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Craaap!!! I wanted the battery box!!!

What swamp? That van is a long way from DC!
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):

Yeah man I couldn't bring myself to go inside there, a long time ago (when I was a noob) I went into a van that was like that and came out sick, probably from inhaling some mold spores or something, so I just stayed clear of moving things around and bringing them up in the air.

As for the battery box if you look at the second photo of the driver side it looks like the box may be smashed cause it's sitting on a rim.

If anyone decides to go in there please take precautions to bring dust mask, googles, ear plugs and gloves. There's some pretty old and crusty looking vehicles at the wreckers sometimes but they're usually stripped down as well.

JDM

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 2wd work van 87 4wd play van

Thanks for the headsup! I got the heater valve and snorkel tube today. Unfortunately, the John Lee Hooker CD was gone :( There is another 89 LE with dual sunroofs in row 6 now. Has the rear bench and swivel seats in great condition (blue). Got the heater valve, gas flap, rear latch handle off that one. Glass (other than windshield) is all intact, rear hatch pretty good.
    Not having any luck posting pics here, but I can text or email them if anyone is looking for something in particular.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

WHAT???? Two vans at the same Pick&pull ?not fair! Haaaaa.... WA the van WAgon land . You guys, have a plentiful harvest.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    WHAT???? Two vans at the same Pick&pull ?not fair! Haaaaa.... WA the van WAgon land . You guys, have a plentiful harvest.

Yes its been awhile since there were 2 vans in one location, I just went today to see what was left of the newest van and there's still a lot good stuff left even after bigeo and I've been there, I took some small stuff too, I pulled the headlight bezels with the ever so hard to find fog lights and pigtails attached, fog light switch and pigtail, a nice set of OEM dark blue carpets, rightside turn signal, the left side was water logged inside the lens so I left it there. The slider door was shut and the outer handle was gone and isn't interior handle was disconnected so I wasn't able to get the door open, the rear hatch was shut down and same thing both interior and exterior latches were gone.

The interior did looked nice, I took pictures that I'll post later today when I get home.

https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JT3YR26W3K5058985

bigeo,

did you happen to pull the rims off of the van, I was specifically looking for set like that!!! If we got there on the same day we woulda have to go halvesies on those rims!!

Carbonized,

what did you use to clean up your headlight bezels?

Thank you

JDM

My Van(s):

Here's the 89' van

Great door panels-

Broken battery box-

Nice interior and very nice OEM carpets that just need cleaning-

OEM Fog Lights-

Speedo and 4Y power-plant

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

bigeo,

did you happen to pull the rims off of the van, I was specifically looking for set like that!!! If we got there on the same day we woulda have to go halvesies on those rims!!

Didn't see/take any rims. I got the heater control valve, gas flap, radio bezel and the ext. latch handle from the hatch. I did a pretty thorough disassembly of the hatch guts/trim but left everything else inside the van. Removed the snorkel tube, but left it cuz I had just pulled the one off the "swamp" van and already had a spare at home.
    I'm thinking of going back for the front bumper cover. The one on my 87 had a rude encounter with the railing on an icy bridge last winter.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by JDM VANMAN View Post

Carbonized,

what did you use to clean up your headlight bezels?

Thank you

JDM
    It depends how much cleaning you want to do. My two sets had badly damaged chrome, I ended up peeling everything down to bare ABS and this was my "cleaning" kit: Name:  IMG_4691.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  95.8 KB.
    Yours dont look as bad. On chrome parts I use a Industrial floor cleaner called "Resolve" from the Home Despote. I apply it undiluted, scrub lightly with an old soft paint brush and rinse( lots of water) and repeat as needed. Dont leave it on too long and try to avoid the painted areas and as much as you can! Mandatory rubber(dish washing) gloves and glasses no ifs or buts! It burns on the skin, I can only imagine what it would do to an eye ball. When I striped my Supra wheels I used that too for final cleaning.
    LG.

My Van(s):

Carbonized,

YOU DA MAN!!!! Thank you for your quick reply and picture demo, hey man we're just working on that this morning that you had it set up on your work station?? Cause I'm thinking we just had a TVM (Toyota Van Moment)

Thank you!!!

JDM

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by bigeo View Post
    bigeo,

Didn't see/take any rims. I got the heater control valve, gas flap, radio bezel and the ext. latch handle from the hatch. I did a pretty thorough disassembly of the hatch guts/trim but left everything else inside the van. Removed the snorkel tube, but left it cuz I had just pulled the one off the "swamp" van and already had a spare at home.
    I'm thinking of going back for the front bumper cover. The one on my 87 had a rude encounter with the railing on an icy bridge last winter.

Awe we man, were the rims on there when you got there to pull? By the way, YES, you did an excellent job of pulling parts and not destroying the small valuable parts that are so hard to come by, Plastic trim pieces with the tabs still intact, thank you!!!! Thanks for looking out for fellow van parts searchers!!!

Too bad they smashed the front windshield with the fork lift when moving it, there was glass all over the dash pad and busted up both sunroofs and motors.

I went into the tire and wheel section to look around to see if they were possibly pulled off by the workers and put on display for sale but no luck. Another Toyota fanatic must have seen them and snatched them up.

JDM

My Van(s):

That busted windshield and roof is a forklift job from the yard ?I though it was the reason the van was there in the first place The operator of the forklift should have the other side of the fork driven up his......
    LG.

My Van(s):

Yeah man check out the link in posting #7, it wasn't like that that when it came into the yard. It's so rude whoever did that to the van cause I didn't see that to any other vehicle in that row. So silly!!

JDM

My Van(s):
    1987 4WD Automatic

If you go back you should try to get the windshield trim parts.
    I need some of that.

Thanks!
    "You came in that thing?... You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by trestlehed View Post
    If you go back you should try to get the windshield trim parts.
    I need some of that.

Thanks!
    The trim on the brown van was completely gone when I walked past it yesterday, and the blue van trim is all there but the top and bottom were bent from the fork lift spearing the van, side pieces and corner pieces were still intact.

I won't be going back out there unless another van presents itself, if the trim is there I'll pull the good pieces

JDM

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

I bet the rims were had by the same person who took the tail light towers and slider handle, which were also gone when I arrived on the scene. A cunning thief who knew exactly what he was looking for

My Van(s):

Drunk forklift operators? Knowledgeable cunning thieves? What is going on in Arlington?
    LG.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    Drunk forklift operators? Knowledgeable cunning thieves? What is going on in Arlington?
    It's what happens on the rural/urban interface.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by bigeo View Post
    I bet the rims were had by the same person who took the tail light towers and slider handle, which were also gone when I arrived on the scene. A cunning thief who knew exactly what he was looking for

Its all good on the rims, I'll keep searching and something will come up, I had gone under the van to check it out and looked like the gas tank was disconnected towards the front of the tank so someone was putting in some work to grab the goodies.

Probably one of the guys working there has a Toyota buddy that he gives the heads up to whenever rear goods come in and he comes in and get first dibs... not fair but who knows, cause you were there probably the first day the van hit the yard and the rims were long gone!! I was trying to get the day off that day as well but THE MAN has control of who works and who goes home as long as there's no inconvenience to his day.

i asked the woman working there if it was possible the rims were taken off and still left on the other side of the fence where it says "employees only" but she said more then likely not they stay on the vehicle and go to the yard.... hmmmm then why do they have a whole section of used wheels and tires?

JDM