Thread: Looking for REAR HATCH please!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    Currently: 89 4wd Toyota Van auto 87 4wd Toyota Van 5spd 84 2wd Toyota Van Auto Country Homes Poptop Previous: 89 Mitsubishi Star Wagon (Delica) 87 Toyota Van Le (2wd) 82 VW Vanagon Diesel Camper

Looking for REAR HATCH please!

The hatch on my new van got folded during shipping, please help me out if you have one for sale. I'm in the NY/CT area but willing to drive or ship if necessary.

Thanks!

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Re: Looking for REAR HATCH please!

That happened to me too. Then the replacement was shipped with the wiper motor shaft sticking out, and yes you guested it, the shipper loaded some thing on top of it and crushed the area in. Make sure this doesn't happen to you. If you do not need the glass try not to get it. It is heavy and can cost a few $ in shipping. Is your van a cargo or LE? (different gates).
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    Currently: 89 4wd Toyota Van auto 87 4wd Toyota Van 5spd 84 2wd Toyota Van Auto Country Homes Poptop Previous: 89 Mitsubishi Star Wagon (Delica) 87 Toyota Van Le (2wd) 82 VW Vanagon Diesel Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    That happened to me too. Then the replacement was shipped with the wiper motor shaft sticking out, and yes you guested it, the shipper loaded some thing on top of it and crushed the area in. Make sure this doesn't happen to you. If you do not need the glass try not to get it. It is heavy and can cost a few $ in shipping. Is your van a cargo or LE? (different gates).
    Thanks for this. Mine is an LE, how are the cargo ones different?

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

The LE has the reverse lights in a long "all the way across" trim piece. There are 2 oblong holes for theses lights to recess into and about 10 fastener holes for the trim piece.
    It would not be too hard to turn a Cargo into an LE, a lot more involved to do the opposite.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.