Thread: 1992 AllTrac Front Springs 2 part Question

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 AllTrac

1992 AllTrac Front Springs 2 part Question

time to change my front coil springs and after hours of searching and calling I have not been able to locate anything at all!!!
    Does anyone have a source they can share with me or some ideas I might not have tried?

The second part is if anyone has ever tried later model springs?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota 4WD Automatic

Re: 1992 AllTrac Front Springs 2 part Question

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 AllTrac

Quote Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    I went to this website and spoke with a rep. Here is her reply:
    "unfortunately Moog does not make any fronts for your vehicle the only options we have are universals which are based on measurements http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/universal_coil_springs.asp"

This is the typical reply as these springs are quite unusual. They are 50% longer than the strut housing and often require the use of 2 spring compressors simultaneously. So I going to have to try and track down the measurements and see if I can find something close.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

We have a local spring place that can do anything, better quality, no shipping... call around. I am replacing the suspension in our 93 previa 350,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by labans View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    I went to this website and spoke with a rep. Here is her reply:
    "unfortunately Moog does not make any fronts for your vehicle the only options we have are universals which are based on measurements http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/universal_coil_springs.asp"

This is the typical reply as these springs are quite unusual. They are 50% longer than the strut housing and often require the use of 2 spring compressors simultaneously. So I going to have to try and track down the measurements and see if I can find something close.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 AllTrac

Quote Originally Posted by beoutside View Post
    We have a local spring place that can do anything, better quality, no shipping... call around. I am replacing the suspension in our 93 previa 350,000 miles
    Thank you for the reply, Beoutside.
    Would you care to share the name of your local spring-maker with me?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

pohls springs Spokane WA

Thank you for the reply, Beoutside.
    Would you care to share the name of your local spring-maker with me?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

When I looked online, with a just a random search there were multiple places selling springs.... at least for 91 - 97 previas.

pohls springs Spokane WA

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 AllTrac

When I looked online, with a just a random search there were multiple places selling springs.... at least for 91 - 97 previas.
    Gosh---I see that also, Beoutside. In fact I have been following every single Google listing for these springs. I have the original part numbers and have contacted many dealers to
    see if they might possibly have a set left in stock. ALL front springs for the Previa van have been discontinued (in the US) except for three. For my year there is only one listing which is for one side. There is no longer a listing for the other side. I haven't looked to see if I could just buy two lefts and use one for the right side; this may be possible but I would need the specs for the awd version.
    As far as after-market parts go, Moog lists rear springs (which I bought) but no front springs. When I called them they referred me to a famous spring maker in Kansas. The fellow in Kansas told me that in all his years of making springs he has never made a Previa front spring. He was shocked; he maintains a database of the thousands of cars for which he has made springs and none ever for a Previa. And he would love to make me a front set----I just need to send him an example. Which means van would be up on blocks for weeks........
    Every other lister has been contacted and regardless of what Google says, no one has 1992 AllTrac front springs.

Now the third choice I see here is to merely buy lowering springs which are readily available due to the racer boys use of these vans. But since this van has been to Europe and traveled from England to Greece twice including the alps and remote archaeological sites all over Greece and the Peloponnese, the last thing I would eve choose willingly would be to lower the van. Nope, not for me.

So I just posted on this forum, again, asking if anyone has actually bought front springs recently that are stock and if so, exactly where could I purchase them? I own an auto repair shop that I have operated for over 50 years and am adept at finding parts, but these stock front Previa springs are elusive.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

I do apologize for just assuming the sites that list them , have them.... what now! Any wrecking yards you can get an example from for your spring maker? Good Luck ! I would assume the left and right are the same but thats a tim question

Gosh---I see that also, Beoutside. In fact I have been following every single Google listing for these springs. I have the original part numbers and have contacted many dealers to
    see if they might possibly have a set left in stock. ALL front springs for the Previa van have been discontinued (in the US) except for three. For my year there is only one listing which is for one side. There is no longer a listing for the other side. I haven't looked to see if I could just buy two lefts and use one for the right side; this may be possible but I would need the specs for the awd version.
    As far as after-market parts go, Moog lists rear springs (which I bought) but no front springs. When I called them they referred me to a famous spring maker in Kansas. The fellow in Kansas told me that in all his years of making springs he has never made a Previa front spring. He was shocked; he maintains a database of the thousands of cars for which he has made springs and none ever for a Previa. And he would love to make me a front set----I just need to send him an example. Which means van would be up on blocks for weeks........
    Every other lister has been contacted and regardless of what Google says, no one has 1992 AllTrac front springs.

Now the third choice I see here is to merely buy lowering springs which are readily available due to the racer boys use of these vans. But since this van has been to Europe and traveled from England to Greece twice including the alps and remote archaeological sites all over Greece and the Peloponnese, the last thing I would eve choose willingly would be to lower the van. Nope, not for me.

So I just posted on this forum, again, asking if anyone has actually bought front springs recently that are stock and if so, exactly where could I purchase them? I own an auto repair shop that I have operated for over 50 years and am adept at finding parts, but these stock front Previa springs are elusive.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem-...l-springs.html

I do apologize for just assuming the sites that list them , have them.... what now! Any wrecking yards you can get an example from for your spring maker? Good Luck ! I would assume the left and right are the same but thats a tim question

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

for the 93 its toyota part 48131 and 48132 So they are different. probably since they sit in R and L sides struts

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

Looks like some dealers that are online can be searched and have a few in stock , depends on years for my 93 all trac they run about 110.00 a piece 20 to ship

for the 93 its toyota part 48131 and 48132 So they are different. probably since they sit in R and L sides struts

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

If I pull the springs out Pohls springs in spokane can make a set, roughly 225 front , 225 back

Looks like some dealers that are online can be searched and have a few in stock , depends on years for my 93 all trac they run about 110.00 a piece 20 to ship

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 toyota previa

Just joined the forum in a desperate search for front springs for my 92 previa LE ...wondering how your springs turned oUT? I imagine the AllTrac springs are different than those for the LE... ? Thanks to anyone for input.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    93 previa

Quote Originally Posted by Stephskillingtime View Post
    Just joined the forum in a desperate search for front springs for my 92 previa LE ...wondering how your springs turned oUT? I imagine the AllTrac springs are different than those for the LE... ? Thanks to anyone for input.

Put the project on hold but I have had springs done before by these guys and I am sure when I get the time they will do a great job. They need the old ones to match so I have to put her on blocks for a week.