Thread: Supercharger fluid change all-trac

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1997 alltrac

Supercharger fluid change all-trac

97 probably never changed. Accessed from underneath. 2 bolts to remove the suspension bar. 1 bolt to remove the cable mount. Then you have just enough room to stick your right hand up and reach the dipstick going toward the front of the van. Used a 1/4 inch drive extension to reach the drain bolt in front of the front differential, just barely enough room. The old fluid was black with small particles. Used one can of ac Delco supercharger. Oil, 118 cc, was enough to be just below the full mark on dipstick. Used a new copper crush washer. 60 cc syringe with tubing to feed into and fill thru the dipstick hole.
    Very tight but doable. I could not reach from above.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Re: Supercharger fluid change all-trac

I could not reach it from below on my 95 SC. I'm not large and I'm quite flexible but my arms don't bend between the joints and that's what would have been needed to do the work from below.

I had to take some intake stuff off to get at it from above, IIRC, and once I FINALLY found the dipstick, which was the hardest part BY FAR, I tied a string to it so I'd never have to hunt for it again.

Of course the van died before I ever needed that string again.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1995 S/C Alltrac

Re: Supercharger fluid change all-trac

I've been using 20-50 synthetic castrol for about the last 90k and have had no issues with the supercharger. It for sure a pain but I usually do it when doing some other project on it so its not to bad.