Thread: Air cleaner hose

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    4x4 Cargo

Air cleaner hose

Looking for an air cleaner hose part #17881-73020 if anyone has an extra or a pick n pull that they could snatch one for me
    Space Cruisers - Cruising Across The Galaxy

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van DX 2wd

Re: Air cleaner hose

There is a nice looking one on Ebay...all cleaned up and sparkling...auction number 222949807263

My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota Van 4x4 (Automatic) 1986 Toyota Cargo Van

Why is it all shiny, did someone hit it with armor all or something?

For whatever reason I don't like that auction. $84 for a used hose that's unnecessarily been hit with some sort of chemical to shine it up and no returns accepted? We'll be getting to the point someday where you can't get these new anymore and second-hand/eBay will be the only way to go (aside from fabrication) but you can still get these direct from Toyota for similar to what this auction is asking. Hell Amazon still has a new one for $102 with prime shipping. Unless you can score a used one for cheap, just spend the couple bucks extra for new and don't worry about it for another decade.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce auto 87' 4x4 5spd LE

Good point AD2101!!

Parts order has been filled.

JDM

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van DX 2wd

Not to sound like a commercial for ArmorAll, but it is a rubber protectant that helps prevent cracking...and cracking is the main reason why these air intake hoses need replacing. I think that using some sort of rubber protectant on the outside of the air intake hose is a good idea.

The auction on Ebay is not mine, but it's nice to see a seller that actually took the time to clean up a dirty part, unlike other lazy sellers out there that leave years of road grime on a part. Clean parts last longer and clean parts with a protectant should last even longer. Personally, I would have wiped off the excess, so it wasn't overly shiny.

Parts for our vans get more rare by the day. Every time you see one at Pick N Pull, there is one less to scavenge parts from in the future. Prices on those hard-to-find parts will continue to go up.

Glad to hear that JDM VANMAN was able to fill several orders (must be nice to have 4 vans at one time at a nearby Pick N Pull)

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 4x4