PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors help!!!

franko4632
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
so i am having some trouble diagnosing my fuel injector problem. i started by thinking that an injector was stuck open because when i would go to start my van fuel was pouring out of the flex pipe onto the ground. so i pulled the fuel rail and stuck a bucket under the injectors and noticed cylinder 1 and 3 were stuck wide open, then i interchanged the connectors and then it was 2 and 4 that were stuck open. so i traced it back to the ecu and noticed pin 12 on the large connector controls cylinder 1 and 3 injectors, so i visually checked the connector and plugged it back in and voila it started and ran just fine. Then all of a sudden 2 hours later driving and the same problem only this time i tried wiggling the wires and nothing. is there a way to test continuity or something to see if a wire is broke or could it be something in the ecu that i can test as far as that pin? Any help would be much appreciated. thanks

p.s. 94 le supercharged new injector seals, distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, valve cover gasket set.

timsrv
11-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Intermittent problems are much more common with electronics than with wire harnesses. Based on what you said, I'd try to find another ECU on eBay or a salvage yard. If that doesn't fix the problem then I'd start looking at other possibilities. Good luck. Tim