PDA

View Full Version : where to get 4wd rear coil spring?

filterway
08-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi!

i need to change rear coil spring on my 1988 4wd van. i called toyota delaer, no more available. There is no cross-reference number for this part (part # 48231-28180).

Where can i buy i new set of rear coil spring? any suggestions? i live in Canada

thanks a lot

Jerome

coronan
09-24-2013, 05:29 PM
I put in Ford Aerostar van springs and TRD shocks. The diameter is right for the spring bucket. I got about 2" lift in the gear. I currently have 10" of flex at the rear wheels. There are other options that I cant recall right now. Maybe front land cruser springs will fit the van's rear. I recommend searching the toyotavanpeople.com forum. Its been covered over there. Good Luck!

rowemjr
12-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Does anyone have further input about this astro van spring swap. Like what years work? Currently I have the mr. Gaskets on the top of the springs. I was considering adding them on the bottom as well but the surface isn't flat and it seems like the spacer won't seat properly. I'm looking to get that extra 1" to 1.5".

Thanks, mike

timsrv
12-18-2014, 04:40 AM
Another option is to put air bags in the springs, but the higher you go (air pressure), the harsher the ride. Tim