PDA

View Full Version : no back brakes - pedal spongy/goee to the floor

anticable
04-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Bled the brakes starting with rear right (disk up front, drum in rear). Back wheels off, axle on jack stands. Initially got a little fluid out of the bleeder valve. 4th bleed more fluid and a few air bubbles - then nothing. No air and no pressure. Tried left rear, nothing. Front brakes bleed fine. LPSV bleeds fine. I have no fluid pressure at all at the rear brakes. After reading others reviews on here, I suspect replacing the master cylinder will not correct the problem....appears to be an issue with the LPSV. How have others corrected this problem? I'm not sure how to proceed here...short of shelling out the money for a new valve from Toyota
2 WD. Non ABS.

timsrv
04-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Try disconnecting the LSP&BV and holding it in the maximum loaded position while trying to bleed.

anticable
04-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Try disconnecting the LSP&BV and holding it in the maximum loaded position while trying to bleed.

Thanks Tim. I will try that. Just bought the van from my nephew...fixing it up for my daughter. Considering it is located on the other side of the state, weekends are the only chance I have to work on it. Yes, all weight was support by the jack stands at the axle. We had just put struts and shocks on it - which were very worn out. I did notice while tying to bleed - if moved the LSP actuator with bleeder valve open, brake fluid would sort of ooze out. Like maybe drop.