PDA

View Full Version : New Previa Owner- Loud knocking noise

previaphan
07-21-2014, 09:27 PM
I have been looking at Previas for a while and I finally convinced my wife to let me get one. It was cheap. $1500 for a 1995 with only 138,000. The only problem is I was quite scared to drive it home. It makes a loud knocking sound especially when the wheel is turned and then sometimes when it is being shifted into reverse it sounds like metal grinding. I am not very mechanically minded but maybe this is my start. I really like these vans and I believe they are better than anything new. I want to get it working well. Please help. Thanks.

Oh, the man I bought it from said it had been setting for almost 2 years. Maybe that will help diagnose.

TheMAN
07-23-2014, 07:11 AM
sounds like bad SADS

Piemobile
08-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I have been looking at Previas for a while and I finally convinced my wife to let me get one. It was cheap. $1500 for a 1995 with only 138,000. The only problem is I was quite scared to drive it home. It makes a loud knocking sound especially when the wheel is turned and then sometimes when it is being shifted into reverse it sounds like metal grinding. I am not very mechanically minded but maybe this is my start. I really like these vans and I believe they are better than anything new. I want to get it working well. Please help. Thanks.

Oh, the man I bought it from said it had been setting for almost 2 years. Maybe that will help diagnose.

I'm just curious...did it make that sound when you test drove it?