PDA

View Full Version : Front flex brake lines for 4WD

robgagnon
01-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Hello from the tip of Baja, California. My flex lines in the front are looking tired, and to me they look similar to the single rear flex brake line found on 4WD and 2WD. Can someone inform me if they are indeed identical or if there is a slight length or other difference, please?

Thank you.

timsrv
01-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Different part numbers. Over the years the rear flex line has changed part numbers from 96940-33605 to 90947-02492, but the front (both sides) have retained the same original part number of 96940-33055. If they were the same, I would have expected Toyota to merge the numbers into one, but since they haven't, I'd have to say the lines are different. How different & in what way I couldn't tell you (unless I had both sitting side by side). Tim

robgagnon
01-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Thank Tim. Using a shoestring, I attempted to measure best I could the difference. Each time I measure it is a little different. An imperfect method. But I feel like the rear hose is about 3/4 inch longer. The fittings look the same.

At this point, I was able to find a pair of hoses that specifically state they are compatible with front 4WD, so I bought them and will eventually get them in Baja, hand delivered by a friend. Probably my old ones are not so bad, but not a good item to ignore.