PDA

View Full Version : '95 PREVIA TRANNY OIL PIPE

kiowa
04-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Are there two oil pipes in my automatic transmission or is there just one. I see that every book I have shows that that there are two. The factory manual and the Toyota dealer also show two, but when I went to get an oil pipe from my parts van, I only found one in its tranny. That van ran without any transmission problems before I decided to park it and use it for parts. Has anyone done any work on them and was there one or two of these pipes. They are about 3-4 inches long and have 90 degree ends that connect two ports. HELP!!:cnfsd:

Makelo
04-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Are there two oil pipes in my automatic transmission or is there just one. I see that every book I have shows that that there are two. The factory manual and the Toyota dealer also show two, but when I went to get an oil pipe from my parts van, I only found one in its tranny. That van ran without any transmission problems before I decided to park it and use it for parts. Has anyone done any work on them and was there one or two of these pipes. They are about 3-4 inches long and have 90 degree ends that connect two ports. HELP!!:cnfsd:

Do you have any pics of what you are asking about?
I'm note sure what are oil pipes? Do you mean oil lines? Or that tube where we measure the transmission oil from? Where the dipstick is inserted into?

kiowa
04-24-2015, 06:33 PM
The pipe(s) are located at the front of the AWD transmission. As soon as you drop the pan, they are the only Pipe(s) that are on your right if accessed from the passenger side. A book view will show them? also on the right side of the transmission. I also can't drive it at all, feels like the brakes are on, but they aren't? With the van elavated, you can freely spin all the wheels. Thanks

pdgizwiz
04-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Ah, those pipes.
If your 95 Alltrac is not supercharged, you have an A46DF transmission. There are a total of four hard steel pipes on the underside of the valve body that are visible when you drop the pan. I remember these from changing the filter, which is trapped by them. My FSM shows them clearly. The ends of these pipes just press into holes, as I recall.

The s/c Alltrac Previas came with the A340F transmission. My '94 FSM supplement shows two short "U" shaped pipes that are close together and parallel to one another. These must be the ones you see in your books. So if you have only one, and there are a pair of empty holes where the other should be, well, that would be a problem!

Hope you can sort it out!