PDA

View Full Version : Injection Pump

09-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Hi guys - my Townace has a 2C-T engine in it - its not running and Im told its the injection pump that is gone - it had already been re-conditioned but has packed it in again. the part number is 22100-6A660 and its kinda difficult to track one down.

I know that that engine code had been used in many other vehicles (at least in this part of the world) - but they do have differing part numbers for the Injection Pump - I'm guessing this could be related to the fact that the Van is originally a Japanese vehicle and the other toyotas I am referring to are EU built

my question is - is there any way I can figure out if another pump from a 2C-T powered car would be compatible in this instance?

Thanks for the help

D

89TownAce
09-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Keep searching the Japan auctions (yahoo, ebay, etc) for that part number. It will come up eventually. The 1986 Toyota Camry Diesel used a 2C-T, but finding those are just as difficult.

09-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Thanks - that engine is fairly plentiful over here, I'm just curious as the cars here that use the 2ct are European built, perhaps while the pump is the same, it might be a under different code - it might be a different manufacturer - denso vs Bosch for example?

89TownAce
09-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Just FYI my JDM 1989 TownAce Nippon Denso pump is also model 22100-6a660. I researched alternatives for a long time and ended up having my pump completely rebuilt, using some Bosch parts for replacements. I used a diesel shop that was familiar with similar pumps.

JDM VANMAN
09-08-2016, 11:56 PM
I've looked and this pump is almost impossible to find, you'll have to find someone that specializes in JDM wrecking and spares and have them pull the part for you and then find a JDM rebuilder to do the job right.

Here's the frames that this part number is compatible with and looks like they're all Japan made vehicles-

09-09-2016, 01:43 AM
Thanks for that - the Liteace was very plentiful over here back in the day but they are very rare now. I might be better getting the existing pump rebuilt. Will go see my mechanic later and see what he thinks

05-14-2017, 04:20 AM
just to update on this the pump was actually working fine but the wire carrying power to it had melted - think it had not been a super job of fitting it after it was rebuilt so there were some me electrical issues as a result. Van is running and driving very well. Has An exhaust leak I am Going to tackle shortly and it is getting tested next week. All going well it will hit the road in June for a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the help guys -