ratatouille
01-25-2017, 12:48 AM
Anyone else seeing a warning page coming up when trying to access TVT website :

originalkwyjibo
01-25-2017, 12:50 AM
I got this as well on my work computer.

timsrv
01-25-2017, 02:51 AM
Yes, and I've been working on this for the last 3 days. With work all I have is evenings and this has been taking up all my time (stayed up all night the 1st night). Evidently somebody flagged our site with Google and without investigating (I'm assuming) Google blacklisted us. Initially I thought we were hacked, so I had a 3rd party scan the site and it came up clean. As a precaution I had the site software upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin, then i resubmitted to Google (multiple times) to have the flag removed. Of course, as with anything it's a lot easier to screw things up than to fix.

At this point, it's all about waiting for Google to evaluate the site, deem it safe, and remove their flag. So far nobody has been able to tell me how long that should take. It's very frustrating to me and extremely hard to be patient, but not much I can do that I haven't already done. If they don't do something by tomorrow I'm going to start raising a fit, although that's probably another waste of time. Thanks for being brave enough to hang out here with us deceptive attackers, scammers, and deplorable racist low-life scum (please have your credit cards and bank account information ready) :wnk:. Tim

Oh, and BTW, we were ranked high on Google prior to this (came up on top of key word searches), but now if you search Google, it's like we never existed. Hopefully that too will return to normal when they remove the flag.

Carbonized
01-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Let us know if we need to roflroflroflroflrofl at Google too!

Jdelgado
01-25-2017, 10:41 AM
I got this as well on my work computer.
Same, but I disabled the fraudulent site warning in preferences. It was getting difficult to browse when the warning message popped up every time I changed the page :doh:

On a side note I need some help should I give you guys my VIN number or my SSN?:roflmao:

Chardog1971
01-25-2017, 11:23 AM
I have been having the same issues. It's a conspiracy to keep old vehicles off the road and sell you a shiny new american POS. just kidding but, I am seeing a trend of information suppression. Im tempted to buy a printer and print up all the great info contained in these archives. I would hate to see everyone's hard work go down the drain.
Hopefully Google gets it together. thanks:redvan::yellowvan::greenvan:

timsrv
01-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Let us know if we need to roflroflroflroflrofl at Google too!

I don't know enough about this sort of thing to be sure, but I think we're now waiting for the next time Google updates their list of "genuine" websites. It's something they do periodically, but I can't find out how frequently that is. Since I have already submitted multiple times, I don't think more reports will speed things up, but it certainly wouldn't hurt...........I say "the more the merrier". If you or anybody have the time and inclination, you can click on the "DETAILS" button of that warning message, then click on the "Report a Detection Problem" link. At that point you go through a "Captcha" verification and answer a couple questions. Thanks for asking. Tim

should I give you guys my VIN number or my SSN?:roflmao:

Actually, you don't need to give us any of that. With our new software we'll suck all that right out of your computer. :LOL2: :wave2:

I have been having the same issues. It's a conspiracy to keep old vehicles off the road and sell you a shiny new american POS

Yes, it's hard not to feel picked on. I'm going through another Google issue right now regarding my business listing. Google has gotten too big and don't listen to us little folks anymore. "Shoot 1st and ask questions later" seems to be their motto. Tim

Carbonized
01-25-2017, 02:55 PM
TVT could be caught in the net of of this campaign:https://www.wired.com/2017/01/google-goes-bad-ads-bad-sites-profit/
I have personally never seen this warning YET.

Dogfish
01-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Sometime before I started getting the Google notices I would get a page that looked like a hack job. Nothing bad seemed to happen... it was some kind of notice about downloading software.

I only encountered it when I followed the link from an email stating that someone had posted to one of my threads. It didn't happen often but prob every time someone did post to one of my threads and I followed the link back from and email.

Add a post to one of my threads as a test and I will let you know. I'll even get a screen copy.

-Jim

llamavan
01-25-2017, 04:36 PM
After about 24 hours of being totally blocked from TVT by my own virus protection software (likely triggered by the Google warnings), I've regained access. I just did a scan through one of the software control panels and found 30 virus scripts and cleaned them up (more accurately, I trusted the software to do just that when it offered to). All viruses were related to the siteowners@toyotavantech.com email, so what Dogfish was seeing might have been the problem.

Dogfish, I posted in another thread of yours as a test. Lemme know what happens when you get the notification this time.

Gwen

Dogfish
01-25-2017, 05:45 PM
No Joy...

When I follow the email link I don't get anything but the Google warning now.

Hopefully you have found any issues and we'll just have to wait for Google.

-Jim

timsrv
01-26-2017, 04:42 AM
Okay, things appear to be back to normal. That was a major PITA! Thank goodness it's over. Thanks for your patience and support everyone! Tim

llamavan
01-26-2017, 09:46 PM
:whs:

Thanks from me as well — this was frustrating for Tim and me. The patience, helpful comments, and support we received are greatly appreciated! :clap:

Gwen

ratatouille
01-26-2017, 09:49 PM
hmm. must have been the flu..it's that time of year you know. Thanks for the time on it Tim and llamavan!

NWVanner
12-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Huge Thanks for getting the site fixed. I can new view from work! Was blocked by our Bluecoat software for a long time. Now I can get back to posting! lol :thmbup:

Brent

EDIT - Just realized that the problem existed almost a year ago. Just recently has TVT been working at work for me. Weird.