PDA

View Full Version : Lift advice for 90' 4wd Townace camper

jhjeff
01-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Looking for any experience or ideas for what's best to use for a 1.5in lift on a 90' Townace 4wd pop top camper. Have only found a few of this van on the forum and so far none have put a lift on it, so no luck there.

Overall weight: 1850kg=4078lbs

Have read a bunch of the lift/suspension posts for Townace/liteace vans, any idea if townace camper suspension is same, but just with larger load shocks/leafs?

oli larsen
01-31-2018, 01:56 PM
Looking for any experience or ideas for what's best to use for a 1.5in lift on a 90' Townace 4wd pop top camper. Have only found a few of this van on the forum and so far none have put a lift on it, so no luck there.

Overall weight: 1850kg=4078lbs

Have read a bunch of the lift/suspension posts for Townace/liteace vans, any idea if townace camper suspension is same, but just with larger load shocks/leafs?

Its pretty simple San long as you don’t want to go too High. Purchase some one inch spring seat spacers and wind the front torsion bars up a bit. I wrote a fairly detailed bit on it in my build thread on my 4x4 camper. Go check it out 😉

oli larsen
01-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Just to clarify soupy have a lead sprung rear or coil sprung?

jhjeff
01-31-2018, 02:46 PM
Thanks Oil,

Apologies, I wasn't clear, I didn't clarify that my vehicle is the European AM model, (Body style CM65) but isn't a 4wd van camper like many on forum. Perhaps is viewed as a truck vs. van?

I had read through your thread, very informative. (nice build on your van btw) I wasn't sure if my van has same suspension, guessing is heavier? (pic below)

Being in US was wondering if there was any preference of spacers folks use, (Have seen multiple mentions of Mr. Gasket), or again any insight on what's best/preferred to use. (Spacers/torsion vs. bar/airbags, etc)

oli larsen
02-02-2018, 07:08 PM
cant see from the picture if it has leaf springs or not. I'd guess they built these on the flat deck truck bodies so maybe it does.in which case you can lift the rear on some new shackles. either find some that fit or get some made up! pretty simple task and will take all of an hour to fit!