PDA

View Full Version : 2C-T head gasket shop time? (anybody have this done before)

KyleZWhite
04-04-2018, 02:19 PM
I can't seem to find a realistic shop hour estimate for how long it would take to replace a 2C-T head gasket. I found a shop that will take the job on, but they have no idea how long it will take. I don't want to get toyed with (pun intended) but I'd like a ballpark idea on price to justify actually spending the cash on it.

I am not 100% sure that's the problem, but driving at 100KM/H at sustained speeds = the coolant emptying from the radiator into the reservoir and overflowing the reservoir overflowing until the radiator is empty.

Gavin3g
04-09-2018, 01:09 PM
You defo gasket, get it fixed before you warp the head.
mine has just done the same in fact it was like it when I bought it but I was too love blind to see!

don't drive far or fast until its fixed, and keep it topped up
good luck.

I can't seem to find a realistic shop hour estimate for how long it would take to replace a 2C-T head gasket. I found a shop that will take the job on, but they have no idea how long it will take. I don't want to get toyed with (pun intended) but I'd like a ballpark idea on price to justify actually spending the cash on it.

I am not 100% sure that's the problem, but driving at 100KM/H at sustained speeds = the coolant emptying from the radiator into the reservoir and overflowing the reservoir overflowing until the radiator is empty.

KyleZWhite
04-09-2018, 04:11 PM
You defo gasket, get it fixed before you warp the head.
mine has just done the same in fact it was like it when I bought it but I was too love blind to see!

don't drive far or fast until its fixed, and keep it topped up
good luck.

I actually had it all tested, nothing came back as a head or gasket! The radiator is leaking and needs to be replaced... I am having a pain in the butt trying to find one! (https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/1640064561)

JDM VANMAN
04-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Did you contact amayama and it’s actually available? Here’s a link to a used two-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Townace-Liteace-82-91-Mk2-coolant-radiator-heat-exchanger-radiator/263586486181?epid=25017550253&hash=item3d5efa97a5:g:CCAAAOSwR8ZaxJc2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Townace-Liteace-82-91-Mk2-main-coolant-radiator-heat-exchanger-radiator/253492110903?hash=item3b054ea637:g:HLwAAOSwDqlaqkc W

Did you purchase your van from a JDM dealer in Bellingham or private owner? I thought there was a dealer in your area that would do the repairs, otherwise there’s few in Richmond BC and a couple down here in the Seattle area that might be able to help but sure how reputable their work is.

Keep us us posted and good luck:thmbup:

JDM

KyleZWhite
04-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Did you contact amayama and it’s actually available? Here’s a link to a used one-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Townace-Liteace-82-91-Mk2-main-coolant-radiator-heat-exchanger-radiator/253492110903?hash=item3b054ea637:g:HLwAAOSwDqlaqkc W

Did you purchase your van from a JDM dealer in Bellingham or private owner? I thought there was a dealer in your area that would do the repairs, otherwise there’s few in Richmond BC and a couple down here in the Seattle area that might be able to help but sure how reputable their work is.

Keep us us posted and good luck:thmbup:

JDM

I'm impressed you found that! Why is the part number different from what I am looking at? Do you know if the one that I linked will fit?

I bought private. I contacted a bunch of repair shops and nobody really wants to touch it unless I pay heavily for it. I spoke to Japanoid in BC and the guy working there didn't give me a price, I asked him if this part number would work and he freaked out at me and said he doesn't do "charity work". Real interesting individual.

JDM VANMAN
04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Yes the guys at Japaniod are “SuperExtra Extrodinary” they are pricey because they know they’re one of the more experienced shops out there, they won’t give you a “free” estimate till they see the vehicle= $200 diagnosis and then let’s talk about how much you need to spend. Take that with a grain of salt because I don the know that from personal experience but from what I’ve heard, I’m not trying to bash anyone.

Do you know if that’s the actual part number for your radiator based on your chassis code? And you can contact the eBay seller and ask the chassis code for the vehicle they pulled the part from. No one wants to spend that kind of money on the wrong part:wall:

JDM

JDM VANMAN
04-09-2018, 05:46 PM
I did a little digging around and if you’re chassis is any one of these codes then that’s the correct part that you originally looked at-

08/1988-12 (tel:08/1988-12)/1991 CR30G-MEZX, MGZX, MQZX and CR37G-MBZX

The part I linked you to does show a different manufacturer part number but 8f you scroll down in the link it lists all the various vehicles the radiator will fit. Check it out and reconfirm.

Check posting #4 again cause I just added another link that looks more like the radiator that’s located behind the fan shroud. But if you go with the new part even better!!

JDM