PDA

View Full Version : Hello/Goodbye (end of the Previa for me)

skivan1991
07-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Years ago I was a member of the, Toyota van people forum, I think that was the name (?)

I have a 91 5spd all-trac that was my daily driver for years, but it’s been sitting for about five.
It kills me, but honestly, I do not think at this point I will ever start my dream project of giving it a second life. I was about to send it off to pick and pull for a few hundred bucks but started reminiscing and found this forum.

Anyway, I’d feel better about getting rid of the van if it had an afterlife vs probably getting picked apart and crushed.

If anyone in the SLC area is interested, feel free to reply to this tread. (Needs to disappear in a few days)
………
Blown head gasket, “fixed” with snake oil. (Drove it around for a few hundred miles with the heat on to keep it from overheating.

Clutch slips, contaminated by oil.

I transplanted Interior and factory tinted side windows from my first Previa to “upgrade” it to LE.

Start a bidding war or whatever :?: If nothing works out, I will reply when it’s at the dump for picking apart.

Van could probably limp to destination; personally, I would not drive it more than a few miles on side streets.

Yes, I know about the classified section, this is unclassified:bluevan:

timsrv
07-08-2019, 03:24 PM
For organization reasons I moved your post into the classified section. Good luck. Tim

skivan1991
07-08-2019, 03:33 PM
No problem,

Not trying to cash out on this, but it would be nice to get $200-300 that pick and pull would offer.

Pic looks better then it does in real life. My dream was to transplant the manual all-trac 5spd transmission into a nicer automatic Previa.
In retrospect, probably should have fixed what I had.

95-le/sc-all-trac-rip
07-10-2019, 05:29 PM
How is the undercarriage?

skivan1991
07-12-2019, 10:32 AM
It’s like 101*F, my undercarriage is hot and swampy.

For NH standers the van undercarriage is in good shape for a 91. The rust is the typical inside
Fenders, lower front door seal areas, and that rear behind the bumper attachment area.

Van is scheduled for pick-n-pull delivery tomorrow. Assume it will end up at this location.
585 W 3300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84115
https://www.picknpull.com/