PDA

View Full Version : Stock height measurements

Elbe
11-16-2020, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, I am looking to lower my 1988 4wd TV. Does anyone know the stock height measurements? Mainly from the ground to the underside of the rear wheel well. Also looking for any info about stock tires that came on the 88 4wd.

Burntboot
11-18-2020, 05:59 AM
Stock height measurements are listed in the manual and are different depending on chassis (YR 31/ YR32)

You wont find measurements to the wheel lip as there are too many variables, not the least of which is potential variations in body panels.
Measuring to the centre of a suspension bolt is far more accurate method

Elbe
11-18-2020, 07:36 AM
Stock height measurements are listed in the manual and are different depending on chassis (YR 31/ YR32)

You wont find measurements to the wheel lip as there are too many variables, not the least of which is potential variations in body panels.
Measuring to the centre of a suspension bolt is far more accurate method

Gotcha, thanks for the helpful info.

JDM VANMAN
11-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Elbe,

Looks like your starting a good Thread on Stock Height, maybe post your chassis number and post pictures of where your taking the measurements that way everyone else can follow suit and and build on this topic.

The stock tire size should be listed on the Vehicle ID plate- 205/75R14, Theres also a detailed thread on stock tire sizes and diameters, I went to the search feature and typed in "tire size" and got 82 threads you just need to filter thru and see which one relates to what your actually looking for but you'll also stumble on more exciting information as your scrolling. Here's a good thread to get you started-

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/showthread.php?3469-14-quot-tires-for-4WD-(stock-rims)&highlight=tire+size

Good luck:thmbup:

JDM

Elbe
11-18-2020, 01:53 PM
That is very helpful, I will look up the chassis # and thanks again for the other thread info. I am currently looking for some rear stock coil springs for my 88 4wd TV.:bluevan:

JDM VANMAN
11-18-2020, 02:22 PM
No problem, try calling these guys they have a YR32 parts van, I'm not sure if its gonna have coil springs or leaf springs but this could be a good candidate-

https://www.autowrecking.com/parts/search?make=Toyota&model=VAN+WAGON

Good luck:thmbup:

JDM

Elbe
11-18-2020, 06:54 PM
Great, thanks again for the advice. I will reach out to them.