PDA

View Full Version : Replacement rear hatch TOYOTA emblems for sale!

captainspeky
04-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Replacement TOYOTA rear hatch emblems available for 84-89 hatches WITHOUT the rear reverse lights in the door. These are typically missing from most vans I've seen over the years. I've been messing with this project for several years without a lot of success but started over from scratch and now have some that are worthy to offer.
These are urethane made from a molded OEM rear hatch emblem. The one at the top is my OEM emblem. They will be shipped clear, NOT painted, so I'll leave that up to you (I recommend SEM color coat spray paint). I may offer painted ones in the future once I get that process down. Some have mentioned lighting them internally to let the logo illuminate, which would look cool. Not sure what type of adhesive to use, the OG adhesive looked to be some type of yellowed translucent silicone.
First come first serve as these are made on demand in small batches by hand.
Some might have tiny air bubbles or white flecks in them, but nothing you can see farther than a foot away. $25 shipped in the USA. PM me for Paypal link.

JDM VANMAN
04-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Looking good!!!

Sending you PM

JDM

Jdelgado
04-21-2021, 06:11 PM
wow! looks great. might have to pick one up soon

JDM VANMAN
09-26-2021, 12:26 PM
Toyota emblem

Thank you Captain for making the emblems finally got around to trying to paint and install but I didn't finish. Used fusion paint which is flexible and heat tolerant for this type of application, used aircraft sealant to glue it in place. Winter is around the corner and I wanted to get the emblem on so all the hard work on repairing the rear door hatch handle and mechanisms wouldn’t go to waste with water getting in. I didn’t do the work, when my van was in the shop my MasterTech saw it in the box of parts and took his own time to paint and install.

https://i.imgur.com/ooBCzg3.jpg

Nice work!!!

JDM

captainspeky
09-26-2021, 12:40 PM
Cool. Looks great. Only a few people partook in these. It was such a PITA trying to make them and I didn't have many good results. I have like 80 bad ones, LOL. That stuff is really hard to work with.

JDM VANMAN
09-26-2021, 08:33 PM
Thank you for being persistent and coming up with a good product in the end!!!:thmbup:

JDM