PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Show off

wirewrkr
07-25-2012, 01:26 AM
It all started when I went to install the new used perfect Bumper cover on my 88 cargo. I pulled off the old plastic one and discovered that the metal bumper underneath was wasted, not rusted, but just all twisted up. Sooooo...........
I decided to try something more fitting for the desert and went to the local muffler shop and bought a 10 foot piece of 2.5" exhaust pipe. Took it home, \cut it in half and did some measuring before going back to the muffler shop for some bends. been screwin' around with it since, but I'm beginning to like where it's heading.

timsrv
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Nice work! Another plus is it opens this area up so more air can get back to the radiator. Also makes more room for adding another cooler or heater core to help keep the engine cool (if so desired). Tim

wirewrkr
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
That's next on the list. I am working on a ducting system in my head.
Even though the AC stuff has all been removed, it still runs hotter than I would like. I gather from other members that the gauge doesn't have to run to the right of center. Mine is always to the right and more sometimes, which makes me nervous.
I need to verify the gauge also, I don't trust it since the fuel gauge is also unreliable.
There is still more to do on the bumper, I am adding brackets for a couple of Hella 5.5 inch round running lights.
That's the nice thing about using rattle cans instead of powdercoating, (besides the saved $$$) you can keep modifying and respraying.
Same goes for the spray can paint job on the van itself.
It's always just a canvas to be added to.

MonTex
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice work! ...and you could store your fly fishing rods in the front bumper.

wirewrkr
08-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Guess I'll have to start fishing, Huh?