PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump check and replacement

bobo salinski
09-07-2012, 06:25 AM
best place to tap into the fuel pump wiring for a final check to confirm it is toast?

any hints on removal and installation and can I rebuild the pump or put a alternative (cheaper pump) in?

fuquan
09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
best place to tap into the fuel pump wiring for a final check to confirm it is toast?

any hints on removal and installation and can I rebuild the pump or put a alternative (cheaper pump) in?

You can reach the fuel pump power supply wires/plug fairly easily, once you are situated underneath the van on the driver side of the fuel tank. Look for two yellow or white plugs. One leads forward to the fuel sender gauge, the other leads to the middle or back of the fuel tank to power the fuel pump. Both sets of wires go into the top of the fuel tank.

I thought my fuel pump was toast. Crawled under with the intention of applying 12V directly to the fuel pump plug or wires to test the pump. Found severed wires going to the fuel pump. Luckily all I had to do was repair those wires. I believe you will have to drop the tank if you want to replace the pump.