PDA

View Full Version : Driver door latch broke, need help

Monster
10-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Alright, the door latch broke on my Previa the other day and climbing in from the passenger door now. I have the door panel off right now, but I cannot find any detailed pics of the inner workings of the door. I think it has something to do with the latch or the rods assembly behind the panel. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Previa dude
10-15-2012, 11:00 AM
i did this once before. let me find my book on it and i get right back to you

Previa dude
10-15-2012, 11:05 AM
it is a rod assembly. first thing i would check is see if the inner rod is still attached to the inner handle. if it isn't pull the handle assembly out and check for a broken rod pin connector. if the rod is still connected to the handle the pin lock connector either broke or came undone. to check this feel around by the inner latch you should feel either the rod connector lock or the hole where it goes. after you find out what the problem is, it should be streight forward as far as fixing it. good luck and i hope that helped you some. sorry i didnt take pictures when i fixed mine but it only took a few minutes to solve that problem. So it shouldnt take long

Monster
10-15-2012, 10:13 PM
The panel is already off, actually its nee off since I bought it. Just never really had the time and honestly wanted to put it back together, I hate interior repairs. Lol. The previous owner took it off since the inside handle broke and used the outside handle to open the door, but now the handle doesn't even have that tension in the handle to open it. I can't figure out how to open it up at all from the inside. Once I have it open, I know for sure I can figure out how to put everything back together