Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures in threads

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota Van 2WD YR29LV-PREA VIN JT4YR29V4K5072375

Pictures in threads

I love to see the threads posted that have decent size images attached. Those pics help me a lot. It would be nice to see more photos being uploaded and posted in threads.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota van

Re: Pictures in threads

u r so right we as Toyota van owners need to stick together

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    88 LE 4WD 5spd (keeper) 87 LE 4WD Auto (2nd van, gone to a good home) 84 LE (1st van, gone to a good home)

Right on about posting pics and sticking together!!

For some of my pics there is a tiny preview in the picture manager (button below your post that says 'manage attachements'). For other pics there is not. Does anybody know why? Lately none of the pics I upload have a preview. A little preview would be really nice to have since my pics are usually named IMG_8454.jpg or a similarly meaningless name.

Also, does anybody else have the problem that pics are upside down or sideways once uploaded?? I do and I have no idea how to change this, as they look correct before I upload them to TVT.

Just to show how serious I am, and to show that I am not joking around even one iota or atom or electron, here's a picture of my first TV, which I obtained south of Seattle and enjoyed putzing with until I traded up to a 4WD, and inherited problem after problem. Still, few regrets. Love the TV.

Name:  _MG_7355.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by fuquan; 10-01-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    88 LE 4WD 5spd (keeper) 87 LE 4WD Auto (2nd van, gone to a good home) 84 LE (1st van, gone to a good home)

Some types of pictures can be viewed by people not logged into the forum, other pictures require a login to be viewed. Does anybody know what makes the difference? Is there a way to set permissions for pictures? Or, is it an 'inline' picture vs an 'attached' picture?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

Quote Originally Posted by fuquan View Post
    Right on about posting pics and sticking together!!

For some of my pics there is a tiny preview in the picture manager (button below your post that says 'manage attachments'). ................

...hmm,, looking for some hints on uploading pics,,

I'm getting an 'upload failed' message, whether I go to 'insert image' at top of post,, or 'manage attachments', below ..any further deets?

...using the same camera and computer photofile as in my toyo online file

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Testing

Name:  IMG_6447.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  97.9 KB

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

...just tried again...'manage attachments',, 'add files',,'choose a picture'..........even a past picture I have in the file caused 'upload failed' <;-/

...but for some reason, this one worked!.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Micah, I'm not sure what's going on with your pics, but they work for me. I know you've successfully done this before, so I don't think you need any assistance. Just in case you're missing something I'll go over it.

1. When you're in the "dialog box" (place where you type new posts), you will see an icon in the tool bar that looks like a picture of a tree. Click on that and follow the prompts..........it's that simple.

2. When you hit the "submit reply" button the picture should display in your post.

Fuquan, sorry about not responding sooner, for some reason I missed your post. This was an issue a while back, but a few months ago I went into the site control panel and changed permissions. The changes I made should allow everybody to see pics whether they are signed in or not. The reason some were visible and others were not is because some are hosted here (TVT) and other are hosted elsewhere. The pics hosted here (TVT) were not viewable to non-members because the site software was set to not allow it (that's been changed). My pics and some pics posted by others using "remote hosting" displayed for all. Remote hosting is done at different sites (like photobucket.com). Pics are uploaded there then a code is copy/pasted into your post so the picture can display here (like a window to the other site). I like doing this way as it gives me more flexibility for editing and using the same pics in multiple posts. For regular members, I try to encourage the use of TVT's software as it gives us more control and minimizes the chances of pics going missing. Unfortunately there is no editing software available for vBulletin forums, so that's the disadvantage. When you see threads with missing pics, it's usually because the original poster used a remote hosting site, then deleted the pics or closed their account. Tim

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

...tried that earlier,, and again now. Something must be up.

The pictures still download to gmail,,is it possible to email you a set to post in my most recent post in 'bumper rebuild'?

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

I'm thinking it must be something with your browser. Try FireFox or something other than what you're running now. There's always the picture hosting sites that offer free accounts (lots of options). Tim

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    I'm thinking it must be something with your browser. Try FireFox or something other than what you're running now. There's always the picture hosting sites that offer free accounts (lots of options). Tim
    ...same deal with firefox

I've got a flikr account,, I guess the idea is to use an individual picture's URL from there. I'll give it a go

...edit.... 'invalid URL'

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

In my experience, Flickr can be incredibly user-unfriendly, including as a location for photos to be shared elsewhere. I ended up going with Photobucket for the purpose and ditching Flickr.

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

...wowww,, seems there's no hope for me,, tried photobucket,, pics still come up 'invalid',, even ones I've downloaded here before,, and can still easily put in an email.

...my only hope for picturing-up 2 threads is if someone will let me email my pics for posting
    Last edited by micah202; 05-22-2016 at 03:47 PM.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Since you're having trouble with pics on 3 sites, it's got to be something wrong on your end. Do you have access to another computer?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

...yeh,, something going on.

I tried uploading at another site I use... 'pictures too large',, even ones I've downloaded before.

...I guess I'll need to figure out picture sizing. some. day.
    Last edited by micah202; 05-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

I keep reading that people are having issues loading pictures so I thought I'd give it a try.

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

Looks like it worked. Two of these were previously uploaded and one of them I uploaded just now in case there was an issue with with uploading new photos. I don't have a remote hosting account like photobucket to test that scenario so these are uploaded directly to the forum.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

I just started having problems loading pictures too since I got my new iPhone, I'll have to try and remove my pictures live feature and see if that helps??

My Van(s):
    92 previa

Yea working good

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Oh man nice!!

Are you using an iPhone 7???

I turned off my Photo Live feature but it still didn't work

Theres also a HDR button, I'll try and turn that off as well and see if that works.

Or I'll probably have to fire up the iPhone 4S for photos!!!!