Thread: Exhaust Pipe... Where to get?

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota Van 2WD 394K (Re-ringed Engine at 300K, Replaced HG, Still has original timing chain and oil pump) 1989 Toyota Van 2WD Purchased @ 171K now 220K

Exhaust Pipe... Where to get?

Hey everyone. I went to two of my local auto stores (Carquest and Advance Auto) They said that they exhaust pipe for an 86 toyota van LE is no longer available.

I found this on ebay and wanted to know if it would fit or be the same. In the description it says "with rear leaf springs" which is why I wanted to make sure. I have coil springs in the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AP-EXHAUST-4...507093&vxp=mtr

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Exhaust Pipe... Where to get?

My guess is it will not fit correctly. If you need exhaust work I'd recommend going to an exhaust shop. They can fab a pipe quickly & install for a reasonable fee. I like the independent shops that are owned/operated by the guy doing the work. Good luck. Tim

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota Van 2WD 394K (Re-ringed Engine at 300K, Replaced HG, Still has original timing chain and oil pump) 1989 Toyota Van 2WD Purchased @ 171K now 220K

Do you suggest me buying this exhaust pipe from ebay and then taking it to a shop for fabrication?

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

No, I'd let the shop supply the pipe. A guy that knows what he's doing can whip one of these out in just a few minutes.