Thread: Power Steering Pressure Line

My Van(s):
    1989 A/T Vanwagon - 2 WD x 2 1986 A/T LE - 2WD

Power Steering Pressure Line

I have a spraying leak in the hose running from PS pump down to the gearbox. This is the pressure line, yes? Called Auto Zone to order a replacement and this is what they sold me. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-ihmnlZ8oz1z. Problem is, this hose is too short.

Am I missing something here? Should be a simple fix with the right part but this is the only pressure line they show and I need to get this repaired before next Wednesday... heading to Northern WI on vacation and want to have PS.

My Van(s):
    1989 A/T Vanwagon - 2 WD x 2 1986 A/T LE - 2WD

Re: Power Steering Pressure Line

I'm gonna answer my own question. This is the part I need. Looks like the dealership has it but it's very expensive. I called the local hydraulic shop and they can repair the line for around $25. Will let you know how it turns out.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Power Steering Pressure Line

Yes, the local hydraulic shop is the way to go. Less work too if you get the right parts (don't need to remove the entire line). Here's a thread that will help identify the parts you need: http://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/s...ssure-Line-Fix. For a bolt-on fix with part of line still installed (no brazing required), scroll down to my posts near the end. If you print up posts & pics for the hydraulic shop guys, they could likely supply the correct parts without the need for bringing them your line (although bringing in the metal pump end would still be advised). Tim