Thread: Power door locks unlocking

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota Van 2WD YR29LV-PREA VIN JT4YR29V4K5072375

Power door locks unlocking

I have a problem with my front door locks popping up occasionally after hearing a clicking noise under the dash near the steering column. The clicking noise is the same as when I use my turn indicator switch except sometimes it clicks rapidly, lasting for a couple seconds. At times the noise cant be heard at all. Also I noticed a clicking sound when I use my windshield wipers. But that clicking has a rhythm to it. I never noticed my windshield wipers clicking before this problem. The clicking noise is a sound similar to the sound a geiger counter emits as it gets close to radiation. I wasn't even aware the van had power locks until this happened. Anyone know what could be causing the front door locks to pop up from the locked position?

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Power door locks unlocking

Maybe somebody added keyless entry that's now malfunctioning?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota Van 2WD YR29LV-PREA VIN JT4YR29V4K5072375

Re: Power door locks unlocking

After this happened, I would say "Yes" there definitely is a keyless entry installed in the van. I saw there is an alarm on the van. But the alarm appears to be disconnected. I still haven't figured it out. I was thinking it's Radio Frequency Interference. Like if someone were to put a GPS tracker on the vehicle and there is a keyless entry installed too, there could be some conflict causing RFI. I don't know. Just a guess. I think I'll take it up to a shop that installs alarms and see what they say.