Thread: Supra rims

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 van wagon

Supra rims

I put some toyota supra rims on my van they look great but tires do rub a little bit only in reverse the rims have 225 60 14 tires on them the rims are 8" wide does anyone know what the lowest profile tire will go on those I think if the tires are just a little narrower and a little less profile they will be fine don't want to spend an arm and leg on them any help would be great thanks

My Van(s):
    1987 LE 2wd capn chairs auto 1987 LE 4wd capn chairs 5speed Have owned:.......ive owned 8 other vans, i cant remember all of them sorry

Re: Supra rims

ere are atleast two different types of supra rims: one is relatively flat, and straight. the other is dished, i mean it makes the tires sit further away from the van. I have only had the flat ones, and they didnt rub with small tires

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 van wagon

Re: Supra rims

Quote Originally Posted by gushaman View Post
    ere are atleast two different types of supra rims: one is relatively flat, and straight. the other is dished, i mean it makes the tires sit further away from the van. I have only had the flat ones, and they didnt rub with small tires
    Mine are I believe the l type they are 8 spoke they look like 5 v's trying to find tires in a 215 50 14 or a 205 50 14 realy hard to find any ideas of where to locate these all I have found are some 215 60 14 I think 14s are going extinct let me know if anyone has an idea where to find these tires thanks a lot for replying