Thread: Oil Leak - What Part # Is This?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    One 1985 Toyota Van (Deceased) One 1991 Toyota Previa

Lightbulb Oil Leak - What Part # Is This?

Hi!!

I am having a very smell oil leak, and I know what needs to be fixed! I do not know what part it is, but I can decribe it to the T.

I need the washer that goes with the bolt from the part of the van that you pull when you change the oil.

The washer on there has a small scratch/dent making oil leak from the bottom. Does anyone know what part number this is? I want to buy not from Toyota directly and it shouldn't cost hardly anything right?

Any help is beyond appreciated!! And again, it is like, you know when you change the oil and you have to pull the bolt/washer combo to let all the oil out? It is that washer

Thank you!!!!!!! Hope everyone is having the best of holidays!

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Oil Leak - What Part # Is This?

It's called a drain plug gasket. That should be enough info for any competent parts guy. If he asks what size the bolt is tell him it takes a 14mm wrench. They should have at least a couple dozen of them at any auto parts store at any given time. Tim

PS: I make it a habit to get one with every oil filter I buy. If I buy a dozen oil filters, I buy a dozen gaskets then drop one in each box with the oil filters. Then they are always there and ready. Unless the old one looks perfect I typically replace it every time.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    One 1985 Toyota Van (Deceased) One 1991 Toyota Previa

Re: Oil Leak - What Part # Is This?

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    It's called a drain plug gasket. That should be enough info for any competent parts guy. If he asks what size the bolt is tell him it takes a 14mm wrench. They should have at least a couple dozen of them at any auto parts store at any given time. Tim

PS: I make it a habit to get one with every oil filter I buy. If I buy a dozen oil filters, I buy a dozen gaskets then drop one in each box with the oil filters. Then they are always there and ready. Unless the old one looks perfect I typically replace it every time.
    Tim, wonderful advice! Thank you so much, I will definitely figure out what it is and get it! Thanks again!!