Thread: Thinking about lowering my van...any thoughts??

My Van(s):
    1984 Wonder wagon

Thinking about lowering my van...any thoughts??

Saw a YouTube video where they lowered a van by adjusting the torsion bars. looked pretty simple. Anyone advise against this, any horror stories out there? Advice or tips?

Thanks!

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Thinking about lowering my van...any thoughts??

Lowering torsions will only lower the front. To lower the back you'll need to cut the springs. This may look cool but it will mess up your ride. Your suspension travel will be close to the snubbers and it will be bouncy & uncomfortable. Forget about taking it off road........even some gravel roads & driveways will be too much. I'm sure there are other ways to lower without sacrificing so much, but not when you do it the cheap & easy way. Tim

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 van wagon

Re: Thinking about lowering my van...any thoughts??

I use my van for work hauling around welders to jobsites I lowered the front of my van 2" to 3" it will hit the stops on really bad bumps very rarely, I also put some toyota supra rims on it 14 x 8. the van handles way better on the freeway it is really easy unscrew the torsion bars if the van sits the same on both sides remember the amount of turns. You might have to adjust just measure both sides. It is really easy to go back write down the number of turns. The wider tires my be part of the good handling. Hope this helps.