Thread: tv coil springs

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota van

tv coil springs

hello everyone im looking for new coil spring replacements and rear leaf springs bushings for my 1989 van wagon 2wd I cant seem to find them anywhere can anyone help is there a Toyota truck springs that might fit just changed my shocks and bushings so im looking for the springs now heavy duty ones would be nice I wan my van to ride ral good..sooooo does anyone have any adviceany help will do thnks in advance

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: tv coil springs

The only springs Toyota ever used in the front were torsion bars. For rear springs they used either coil or leaf (never both). Most vans used coil springs, but a few 2wd cargo vans used rear leaf springs. If memory serves, a while back there was someone on the forum looking for rear coil springs. I believe he reported these were NLA through Toyota & couldn't be found aftermarket.

If you have rear leafs & just need bushings, there are bushings inside the rear eye of each spring (one per side). These are Toyota part #90389-14004. If still available, MSRP is ~$35 each. There are also upper shackle bushing (each shackle has 2, so 4 total) & these are Toyota part #90385-15001 & if available sell for ~$5 each. Not sure if these are available aftermarket. Good luck. Tim

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)
    There are aftermarket spring companies all over the country that can custom make new leaf springs. Often they are less expensive than factory and can incorporate additional capacity, lowering, lift, or whatever else you want. They should also be able to help you out with bushings. I would check your area for one of these companies and you should be able to work with them to get stock type springs or whatever you want. There's one in the Tacoma, Wa area called Rightway Spring that I have had good luck with in the past.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota van

Re: tv coil springs

thanks for the help im sorry they are for 2 vans and im having no luck down here