Thread: Dead injector?

My Van(s):
    1995 Toyota Spacia

Dead injector?

Hey peoples,
    I'm thinking along the lines that one of my injectors is rooted but would prefer some confirmation.

Name:  IMG_1947.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  40.2 KBName:  IMG_1948.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  31.2 KB

Left one screwed? I'm thinking the pintle has broken off.

I thought this wouldn't be a problem because I had what i thought was a spare set cleaned and tested (thankfully that cast nothing). Turned out they were the wrong ones. 23250-73010 not the 23250-45011 that I need.

Also the new pintle cap is not tight does this matter? It does however sit tightly in the ring in the bottom of the mounting cup.

Lokismind

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Dead injector?

I'm not sure about down under, but here in the US we have places that specialize in injectors. Dr. Injector is where I go. I bring them a set and they test, clean, and test again. It's common for them to fail the initial test, but after ultrasonic cleaning they almost always come back into specs. They charge $20 each USD for this service.

If you have places like that there I recommend you let those guys tell you if it's good or bad. Considering the labor of doing the job twice, paying a professional to test is money well spent. Good luck. Tim

My Van(s):
    1995 Toyota Spacia

Re: Dead injector?

Thanks Tim, I'll take all four to the guy that did my others and get him to check it out. PITA