Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fire but no fuel (been sitting for years)

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota Van Cargo 5-spd

Re: fire but no fuel (been sitting for years)

Thanks Tim! This is helpful. I'm no longer hearing clicks after inserting/removing the jumper from the FPCC. Strangely, I'm only getting 6V out of the blue wire from the COR, but 12V is at the fuel pump connector at the gas tank (shown in image above). I'll double check the voltage again coming off the blue wire tomorrow to confirm that it's 6V. Not sure if relevant but I also have no voltage at the FPCC when I put the multimeter in that connection I get nothing.

As for the AFM - is there a way to confirm that I have a stuck closed switch in the AFM? Don't know much about the AFM so I'll do some digging around here in the meantime.

Appreciate your input

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: fire but no fuel (been sitting for years)

That light blue wire coming out of the COR is the same light blue wire going into the pump (just the other end of it). So whatever it reads coming out of the COR should be the same at the pump end. If it's not, then it sounds as if it's been hacked or tampered with. If you're no longer hearing clicks, then check your fuses 1st. To check the AFM flow switch, unplug the AFM from the harness and check for continuity between conductors E1 & FC as shown below. Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images