Thread: nissan wheels on the van?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    87 4x4 le, 87 2x4 panel

nissan wheels on the van?

I think I've seen these wheels, or something similar on a TV, but I'm not sure. They are off of a '99 Nissan Altima GXE. They have brand new Michellin 205/55/r16 tires. These were off my uncles car. He put the brand new tires on them shortly before we had to take his keys away. Not sure of the wheel offset. The tires on my Celica/Supra wheels (205/70/r14) went bad prematurely, so for the heck of it, I put a few on the front my TV to see if they would work. The lug pattern works. The center wheel bore is slightly larger than on Toyota wheels.

So far it drives good around town. They rub the torsion bars a bit when I make REALLY tight U-turns, but so far so good. Beats shelling out $400 bucks for a while.

My question is, are these wheels safe? Anything I should take into account before driving down the highway in these things? Curious if the larger wheel bore might be a possible safety issue.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: nissan wheels on the van?

The inner wheel bore on some vehicles is a load bearing surface. Technically on the van it is too, but if you're driving it unloaded, the lugs by themselves would be more than enough to support each corner. I tend to always have my vans overloaded, but I wanted to run some wheels with too large of an inner bore. The off-set was also a tiny bit off (too much positive) so I made some spacers that corrected the off-set and also shimmed up the inner bore. Here's a thread that shows the adapters: http://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/s...s-to-start-off

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    87 4x4 le, 87 2x4 panel

Re: nissan wheels on the van?

Thanks tim. I dig those 5 star rims!

I drove a few hundred miles today. Seemed like the van almost drove itself.

Name:  10549199_10203024684790829_2435594580369953226_o.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  94.9 KB

I really don't care for the look of these Nissan wheels, but the brand new tires were something I might exploit for a while. I'll just have to make sure i check the lugs more often.