Thread: 1994 ½ Previa New Car Features Supplement Manual

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1993 Previa 2WD

Thumbs up 1994 ½ Previa New Car Features Supplement Manual

I found this earlier this week on ebay:

It appears to be rare because no one else is selling it right now and they're usually included in shop manual sets on ebay... this little book wasn't cheap but it was worth it!
    It completely covers in details the significant differences between the 2TZ-FE and 2TZ-FZE, as well as other interesting little details that makes the S/C model much different. The improvements were for reliability in mind.

Anyone interested in scans of some of these pages? It'll take way too long to type out. I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to buy this when it's both rare and not necessary for reparation work of their Previa.
    Also.... if anyone is looking for a 94 Previa shop manual, make sure it includes the supplement shop manual (same orange striped black cover look as the main manual)... this supplement shop manual covers the S/C model stuff, the main shop manual only covers the non-S/C... if you want a single manual solution, then you'll need a 95 and up manual it appears

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    94 Previa modded with 5 sp manual tranny, 4wd high low transfer case, Torsen rear limited slip diff, 2" lift, DIY coilovers to allow 225/70r16 big tires, house battery.

Re: 1994 ½ Previa New Car Features Supplement Manual

I have but don;t need to hang on to the late 94 service and electrical manuals for the changeover to SC. My 94 Previa is manufactured in 93 so don't need these supplements.

If anyone wants the late 94 manuals...

My Van(s):
    '94 LE dual sunroofs "Whistler" -AND- '97 DX SC Alltrac shredder rescue "Elmer"

Since '94 as an important transition year, I'm intrigued that this might be a guide to the differences.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1994 Toyota Previa AllTrac

I actually just picked up for my 94 previa, for $130 on ebay, a 94 FSM, FSM Supplement, Electrical guide, electrical guide supplement and that 94 1/2 book. Lemme know if there's anything you guys need!

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    94 Previa modded with 5 sp manual tranny, 4wd high low transfer case, Torsen rear limited slip diff, 2" lift, DIY coilovers to allow 225/70r16 big tires, house battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbuster88 View Post
    I actually just picked up for my 94 previa, for $130 on ebay, a 94 FSM, FSM Supplement, Electrical guide, electrical guide supplement and that 94 1/2 book. Lemme know if there's anything you guys need!
    I would have sent you the FSM supplement and electrical supplement for $45.

My Van(s):
    Previa GL 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by mountainhick View Post
    I have but don;t need to hang on to the late 94 service and electrical manuals for the changeover to SC. My 94 Previa is manufactured in 93 so don't need these supplements.

If anyone wants the late 94 manuals...

Hello, I would like to have one of these... Thank you!

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Nenad View Post
    Hello, I would like to have one of these... Thank you!
    Apologies, best regards to you, but I am only comfortable doing business and shipping within the US.

My Van(s):
    95 Previa LE S/C

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    I found this earlier this week on ebay:

It appears to be rare because no one else is selling it right now and they're usually included in shop manual sets on ebay... this little book wasn't cheap but it was worth it!
    It completely covers in details the significant differences between the 2TZ-FE and 2TZ-FZE, as well as other interesting little details that makes the S/C model much different. The improvements were for reliability in mind.

Anyone interested in scans of some of these pages? It'll take way too long to type out. I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to buy this when it's both rare and not necessary for reparation work of their Previa.
    Also.... if anyone is looking for a 94 Previa shop manual, make sure it includes the supplement shop manual (same orange striped black cover look as the main manual)... this supplement shop manual covers the S/C model stuff, the main shop manual only covers the non-S/C... if you want a single manual solution, then you'll need a 95 and up manual it appears
    If the library section gets back up, maybe that would a be a great place for it! It is great to get all this info and put in one place for people to learn from. Thanks again theMan.

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

Quote Originally Posted by cvtroger View Post
    If the library section gets back up, maybe that would a be a great place for it! It is great to get all this info and put in one place for people to learn from. Thanks again theMan.
    That would be exactly where it belongs ... except for copyright issues. The copyright for all the Toyota manuals (Van and Previa) won't expire until after we're all dead. I haven't figured a legal way around that problem ... YET. If anyone has (legal!) ideas, I'm all ears. Toyota has shut down other websites for posting Toyota copyrighted materials, so the issue is a very real one.

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

My Van(s):
    95 Previa LE S/C

Quote Originally Posted by llamavan View Post
    That would be exactly where it belongs ... except for copyright issues. The copyright for all the Toyota manuals (Van and Previa) won't expire until after we're all dead. I haven't figured a legal way around that problem ... YET. If anyone has (legal!) ideas, I'm all ears. Toyota has shut down other websites for posting Toyota copyrighted materials, so the issue is a very real one.

Gwen

That is right. sorry for the suggestion. When I was help building f31 club for the infiniti m30s, we scanned and uploaded everything we could find on the car, even the jdm nissan leopard nissan manuals. We never got hit with any illegal issues and actually Infiniti representatives were cool with it as when people would go ask about the M30, there was little info they could get.

I guess Toyota is too uptight about it. But I mean these are discontinued vans, so why even have a problem with it?

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

This is a tricky area. I find it hard to believe they would take an issue with it, but legally they can and like Gwen said they have shut down other sites. www.toyodiy.com used to display Toyota's EPC catalog and it was a great resource for enthusiasts. It allowed us to look up our own parts and cross reference everything. You would think Toyota would be happy as this would save there parts guys lots of time and help eliminate confusion/returned parts, etc. But no, they threatened him with a lawsuit and he had to remove the parts break-downs from his site.

We had talked about this when we first started TVT and for a while were considering a section of the site that would only be available to members with 100 or more posts. This way it wouldn't show up to any bots or snitches (not likely anybody without extreme van interests would make more than a few posts). But alas, we lost our IT guy and Gwen & I aren't savvy enough to figure this out on our own. Tim

My Van(s):
    95 Previa LE S/C

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    This is a tricky area. I find it hard to believe they would take an issue with it, but legally they can and like Gwen said they have shut down other sites. www.toyodiy.com used to display Toyota's EPC catalog and it was a great resource for enthusiasts. It allowed us to look up our own parts and cross reference everything. You would think Toyota would be happy as this would save there parts guys lots of time and help eliminate confusion/returned parts, etc. But no, they threatened him with a lawsuit and he had to remove the parts break-downs from his site.

We had talked about this when we first started TVT and for a while were considering a section of the site that would only be available to members with 100 or more posts. This way it wouldn't show up to any bots or snitches (not likely anybody without extreme van interests would make more than a few posts). But alas, we lost our IT guy and Gwen & I aren't savvy enough to figure this out on our own. Tim
    If people are passionate and enthusiasts of a vehicle that is no longer offered in the line up, they should be happy people are trying to keep the vehicles road. Not only was F31 club good with Nissan, but even Nicoclub.com didnt have issues any issues with nissan or infiniti.

Toyota should be happy that someone took the time to put information that would help their past, present and future clients.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by cvtroger View Post
    If people are passionate and enthusiasts of a vehicle that is no longer offered in the line up, they should be happy people are trying to keep the vehicles road. Not only was F31 club good with Nissan, but even Nicoclub.com didnt have issues any issues with nissan or infiniti.

Toyota should be happy that someone took the time to put information that would help their past, present and future clients.
    I completely agree. It's like they're pissing on their fan club.

My Van(s):
    Previa GL 4WD

It seems like their only care is to sell new cars...

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

EXACTLY! And support keeping the old ones running just long enough to talk them into another new one.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1995 Previa Le S/C All-trac Turquoise Frost Metallic

I have some of these kicking around as well, I have the 1991 Previa, 94 1/2 Previa you mentioned. As well as the one's for just about the whole model lineup for 1987 and 1988 i.e. Van.