Thread: 2nd gen front bumper onto 1st gen van

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 LE space cruiser

2nd gen front bumper onto 1st gen van

hi all, i could use ur advice. i have an 89 le that got stolen and we got it back totally thrashed with a blown engine and she just a mess.. the thievs used it as a vehical to rob houses and other cars and it was littered with drugs... anyways i was able to purchase an 84 van but deep down inside i cant stand the way the front bumper looks... it really bugs me cause the bumper is kinda smashed and the side that is good looks too long like it sticks out too far... what i really want to do is swap my 89 front bumper on to the 84... i seen some people say it wont fit and its hard to belive so i want to try for myself... i am fine with making some adjustments or frbricating something to make this happen.. but first i would love to hear from you on this cause i could use your advice and help.. thank you for your time

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: 2nd gen front bumper onto 1st gen van

The front clip is different. You may be able to figure something out, but I'm guessing it will end in frustration. I tried swapping parts from an 84 front clip onto an 89 once and nothing aligned. Things like no nutplates and/or mounting points were just slightly different. Anything is possible I guess, but in my opinion it wasn't worth the trouble so I ended up finding an 87 van to swap parts from instead. Tim