Thread: Question about Throttle Position Sensor

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1994 toyota previa DX van

Question about Throttle Position Sensor

Hello everyone,
    Since I have taken it on to self-diagnose my mechanical issues, I'm trying to figure out the "stumbling" problem. The car will stumble at 45-55mph, when held at a constant speed anywhere between this range. If I give it more gas, the stumbling stops. After reviewing the factory manual/my new bible and going through the big list of what it *could* be, I'm considering it might be the throttle position sensor. The book indicates this IS something I can do the installatoin myself with very little tools or hassle because it looks like it just bolts on somewhere on the outside of the engine, and then there is a harness that plugs in. The book lists the way to test the old one for resistance (ohmeter), but my question is, is this a component/part that anyone else in the forum has experienced problems with and needed replacement? If no one else has ever had to replace one on a high mileage van, I might keep researching. Or buy the ohmeter. If anyone uses the ohmeter, which one is a good one, there are so many.

thanks!!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 Previa All-Trac manual

Re: Question about Throttle Position Sensor

I had the same thing, had my throttle body cleaned and it went away. But who knows, sometimes my Previa fixes itself. It's magic.