Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Urgent need for advice on space van wheels (OEM and alternate rims)

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Re: Urgent need for advice on space van wheels (OEM and alternate rims)

I am offered what I am told are corolla gts wheels, 14x6. four bolt. The pics are poor but i believe they are snowflake.I am told it was on a rear drive car. Hoping for better pics.
    Attachment 8291 Fair price for them, cause they are a drive and don't know if they will ship?
    the photo is rotated 90 degrees, sorry

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Question Re: Urgent need for advice on space van wheels (OEM and alternate rims)

I just picked up 5 four spoke 7'' wide baby supra wheels. The part number for allow wheel nuts with a washer for 84 and 85 models is 9094201042.
    It is NLA. Is there an alternative source for these nuts with washers?

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Ebay: Titan Wheel Accessories LLC, 20 OE Mag style Chrome lug nuts/washer 12x1.5 Item# 231472429217. Nov 2015: $19.50 titanwheelaccessories@gmail.com

That's where I got mine for the same wheels.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    Ebay: Titan Wheel Accessories LLC, 20 OE Mag style Chrome lug nuts/washer 12x1.5 Item# 231472429217. Nov 2015: $19.50 titanwheelaccessories@gmail.com

That's where I got mine for the same wheels.
    Thank you. You went with 205/70/r 14 tires?

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Thank you. You went with 205/70/r 14 tires?
    Yes, KUMHO. Its the max the sliding door will let you get away with: 2 millimeters gap

Name:  IMG_4776.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  96.5 KB
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Thank you. My Hankook Optimas in 205/70 R 14 are on the way. We will see if they are skinnier or fatter.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

I have 205/70/14’s on my TownAce but I think I have more room then that? I need to check it out.

JDM

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by JDM VANMAN View Post
    I have 205/70/14’s on my TownAce but I think I have more room then that? I need to check it out.

JDM
    Did you manage the "baby supras" on that van? I thought you had a clearance problem.
    LG.

My Van(s):

Sorry for the confusion, the baby supras didn’t fit on the TownAce, I put the Michelin 205/70/14’s on the stock rim..... but I guess I’ve answered the question to my own confusion... stock rim is 5.5” and baby supras are 7.0” and that’s why you only have the 2 milli clearance

JDM

My Van(s):

The width is only one part of the problem, the offset is the major culprit. If I can trust my memory , the outer edge of the rim moves outboard by 37 mm from stock to supras ( the difference in offset + 1/2 the difference in Width) . That they fit on my van and not on your TownAce leads me to believe something is different, maybe in the drive-train but most likely in the body work dimensions.
    Kombi should be fine if the side wall bulge of the Hankooks is similar to that of the Kumhos. I found a way of gaining a couple of mm if necessary. It involve plastic washers between track and body work but is such a PITA, I would not doing it again if not absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Carbonized; 02-16-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    LG.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    That they fit on my van and not on your TownAce leads me to believe something is different, maybe in the drive-train but most likely in the body work dimensions.
    Not to go off topic on this thread, Yes the rear differential is actually different on my TownAce then the USDM 2WD Van documented in the thread below-

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...ht=Brake+shoes

Enjoy

JDM

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota Silver Cargo Van.

I had a set of 1981 280ZX 6 spoke alloys on my 87 2WD Cargo. They worked great with the standard sized 195 75R14 tires. Think they were 6" wide with +12 offset and a 70ish mm center bore.
    I'll try to find a picture and post it of my old van. They looked really sharp!
    They looked like this.
    Name:  14839d1496261775-wheels-wanted-280zx-steel-wheels-x5-5spokerim.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  61.0 KB
    I didn't know I was such an angular Van guy... Proud driver of 80s Toyota Vans since 1995.
    My happy place: SpaceEgg: A Silver 4Y 1986 Cargo Van.
    Past vans: 1987 4Y White Cargo, 1985 3Y 2-tone Copper LE Passenger, 1986 4Y White Cargo.

My Van(s):

Yummy!!!!
    Gorgeous Wheels! Nice deep dish. Crisp, simple lines. Should match the van very well. Pics please
    Wonder if the old stainless steel Toyota center cap would fit?

Name:  IMG_4609.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  90.3 KB

or the vintage one with the"T" alone. If I remember well the center bore on the 2WD is 67 m/m. I could be wrong.
    LG.

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Does anyone have any input or knowledge on whether tires measuring 185/65/R14 (with a load rating of 86T, fwiw) will work on the "baby Supra" wheels? Specifically if they're too "narrow" to mount properly? Walmart is having a black Friday sale on tires I'm interested in but that's the only size of tires that would qualify for the sale that could possibly fit.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Quote Originally Posted by AD2101 View Post
    Does anyone have any input or knowledge on whether tires measuring 185/65/R14 (with a load rating of 86T, fwiw) will work on the "baby Supra" wheels? Specifically if they're too "narrow" to mount properly? Walmart is having a black Friday sale on tires I'm interested in but that's the only size of tires that would qualify for the sale that could possibly fit.
    Hankook Optimo (H724) P205/70R-14 on baby supra wheels rubbed when steering hard in reverse, and barely cleared rear sliding door. mine was an 85 van. 2 wd 5 spd

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    IG:@dialupthevan 89 - 2WD - 201k 87 - 4WD - 188K

Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Hankook Optimo (H724) P205/70R-14 on baby supra wheels rubbed when steering hard in reverse, and barely cleared rear sliding door. mine was an 85 van. 2 wd 5 spd
    Name:  6BA79638-B107-4699-BFDA-537BCD165916.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  13.5 KB

I’m running H724 195/75R-14 and they ride great and don’t rub
    That smells like regular! She needs premium DUDE! PREMIUM!

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by AD2101 View Post
    I don't know AD, 185 is only 10 millimeters narrower than stock but the side wall at 65% is 120 millimeters, versus 146 stock, and you have to stretch that to 7" versus 5.5"... They might mount but will it be safe. 185 millimeters is just under a 1/4 inch wider than 7 inch and that measurement is inside the lips of the rims. With the short walls there will be very little bulge, that mean you be rubbing the rims every chance you get. If it was me , I would think twice....
    LG.

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Carbonized,

Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm driving on 195/70's and I like the look and size of them, I agree I really shouldn't be going smaller on the tire size given the points you brought up. I'll take your advice and wait for a deal on some proper sized tires.

- AD