Hi all.

I have been doing some research recently and have stumbled across the issues the 2CT engine has with potential overheating and the repercussions that has on the little diesel engine in our vans. I have also learned that the stock temp gauge is notoriously unreliable, and will generally give no warning of overheating until it suddenly blasts into the red. Yikes.

I ran into a simple mod called the 'mason alarm' which improves the accuracy of the temp gauge and also lets you know, via an audio alarm, when you are in the danger zone. I got a hold of the creator/manufacturer Dave Mason and he said demand faded away about 3 years ago and he no longer makes the device.

So I am trying to figure out how I can be proactive. I have heard that aftermarket temp gauges can difficult to install, and you still need to watch them like a hawk to be sure you are in range. Does anyone know of an alternative solution I could look into?

I have also heard of folks adding a second auxiliary radiator in the front where the air intakes is (specifically a toyota van people user 'lwiniarski'.) Even better, he may be in Portland! Does anyone here know of a way to get a hold of him? I would be willing to invest sometime and money into this! Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks all!

Matt