Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exterior trim pieces and clips

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Re: Front Emblem Clips?

Awesome! And thank you for reporting. Do you have a part # ? Vendor's name?
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

It's in the link, but for posterity they're GM Rocker Panel Moulding Clips #11518357 for a Chevy Avalanche. Available on Amazon and clipsandfasteners.com

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 passenger

Re: Exterior trim pieces and clips

I've walked into body shops that dealt heavily in the make I was working on, politely explained my situation and always offer, to pay for the stuff if they were able to help me out. At the end of the day if they decline or accept payment I offer some good cold liquid refreshment. Often someone will give you a hint on best practices. If you need to go back you may be welcomed ''Hey Flying Dog" If they don't recall your name. .

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota 4x4 Van Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by AD2101 View Post
    Ok, so what I ended up doing was buying these guys on Amazon because they looked "close enough" and they were $4.50 for a pack of 15 w/ Prime shipping. These are originally for a Chevy Avalanche but, aside from that weird little point, looked like they would work.....
    Hi All,

I was adding rock gaurds to my headlights and the front grill just fell off. After going down the rabbit hole to find that the factory clips were discontinued. I found this forum and bought those clips from Amazon (link above ^). I have had success after a few modifications:

Name:  FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender-4.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  10.3 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  11.6 KB
    *Notice - the corners are also snipped off the modified clip. I also put the neoprene washers back on before re-attaching the grill.

It has been a month driving over mountain passes and on FSR's - the clips are holding up great. I hope this helps someone!

- Meg

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

I should check again but last year I found a small shop that did 3D printing, but the cad work made it so unaffordable that I gave up on it. Now they have some hand held scanners that should make it less than an hour job. Maybe it worth a try. Any way nice to see your mod in picture Vangirl, thank you.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    91 Masterace Surf

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 5.21.38 PM.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  20.4 KB

Hey guys, I think this is an appropriate place for my question - any help finding replacement clips for the sliding door bottom exterior trim panel on a 1992 Master Ace Surf would be greatly appreciated. See image. Thanks so much.

Ste