Thread: Looking for a Carpet kit and So Cal Mechanic

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    Toyota Van

Looking for a Carpet kit and So Cal Mechanic

Hey I am looking for a carpet kit for an 87 LE any suggestions? Also looking for a good mobile mechanic in the LA and IE area of southern California

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 LE

Re: Looking for a Carpet kit and So Cal Mechanic

I don't know about a carpet kit, but the mechanic I go to is Rick's Lube N Tune. The owner is a family friend, so I know he's honest. I've been going there since before I got my van. They've always been more than fair and they did a good job rebuilding the engine when It crapped out on me. Hope this helps some.

-Ryan

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    Toyota Van

Quote Originally Posted by rkent View Post
    I don't know about a carpet kit, but the mechanic I go to is Rick's Lube N Tune. The owner is a family friend, so I know he's honest. I've been going there since before I got my van. They've always been more than fair and they did a good job rebuilding the engine when It crapped out on me. Hope this helps some.

-Ryan
    Thanks Ryan! It's located in Carson? If so that's perfect I'm in San Pedro. If you don't mind me asking how much did that engine rebuild run you? I'm guessing you probably got a deal but one of my vans may need a rebuild.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 LE

Yep it's in Carson, right off the 405. I was quoted $1900 which included a new power steering pump besides the rebuild. There were a bunch wear and tear on the wires, hoses, etc... that came out to be a little under $2400 all said and done.