Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: ball joints (4WD)

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    88 4WD 5-Speed LE

Re: ball joints (4WD)

For those looking for just the upper ball joint boot, I deducted that the part number is 43324-26020. Toyotapartsdeal.com let me order them but got the sadly familiar response the next day that they are unavailable. I found some decent replicas from Bulgaria of all places but didn't feel like waiting for them to make the trip across the Atlantic. So I got these universal polyurethane ones (Energy Suspension 13026) that were closest in dimensions I could find to the ball joint measurements. Because this style doesn't use clamps to keep them on and they are a bit too tall, they are bulged out a little on top. I suppose they will still provide more protection than my shredded Febest ones that totally disintegrated on removal.

I found that by backing off the preload on the torsion bars, it was pretty easy to disconnect the upper ball joint without having to remove anything else. At least this gave me an opportunity to note that the Febest ball joints are still tight after a couple years of use.
    IMG_2185.jpg

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    88 4WD 5-Speed LE

Re: ball joints (4WD)

Update on the Energy Suspension 13026 ball joint boots, I peeled them back and found that water was getting in. I ordered the genuine Toyota part 43324-26020 from Partsouq in the United Arab Emirates. Amazingly, I ordered them on Monday and they made it all the way to my Utah residence on Friday. I didn't have the original clips for the top so I twised on a bit of safety wire to keep them snug. Perfect.