Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ball joints (4WD)

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: 4wd ball joints

Lol, rather than complain, I decided to waste their time (for entertainment value). So I just purchased the other non-existent "last one" and now there's 8 available........except now from Febest Europe (like what was there last night when I checked). Of course I'm sure they won't ship to USA (where they advertise). If they keep cancelling my order I'll keep going back and purchasing..........at least until they disable the "add to cart" feature . Tim

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    Blue 1987 4wd 5-speed Hi/Lo Manual Hubs - Sold. Grey 1987 4wd Cargo conversion, automatic in repair mode.

This is entertaining.
    Has anyone installed one of these Febest Upper control arms?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    88 LE 4WD 5spd (keeper) 87 LE 4WD Auto (2nd van, gone to a good home) 84 LE (1st van, gone to a good home)

And here is the message I got regarding my order for an upper right control arm from febestauto.com

>>>
    Hello,

I'm very sorry to inform you that we are currently out of stock of the item 0124-CM60RH that you ordered from FebestParts.com order number 347.
    We have just issued you a full refund and you should see the payment back in your bank account within the next 3 business days.
    I hope that you can accept our sincere apology and that this is not an inconvenience for you.

Regards,

Name Removed
    Finest Auto Parts
    <<<

Interestingly, although I ordered direct from febestauto.com, this reply was signed "Finest Auto Parts". The email even came from an @febestparts.com address

I also received a reply from Febest via Amazon, answering my question about why they would not deliver to me. They referred me to the Finest Auto Parts advert on Amazon.

Guess we'll have to keep looking for these upper control arms.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Nice apology, yet they still have 8 rights and 6 lefts available. Based on their listing information it's more like "We got em, but you can't have one". The one I ordered Monday morning was cancelled by Monday evening. The one I ordered Monday evening is still "processing". Evidently they still think they have that one. Tim

PS: That's interesting about Finest = Febest.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

So today they cancelled my order for the $50 arm sold by Finest (AKA Febest). I got the same message as I posted above. So I put a couple of the $107 A-Arms in my cart (right & left) and tried to check out............except I couldn't. I just got an error message saying these could not be shipped due to my location......excuse me??? MY location??? So it pissed me off that they advertise on America's Amazon, then they won't ship here due to our location. So I muddled my way through the "customer service" menus on Amazon until I was finally able to send them the following email:

You have items listed on your Amazon (USA) site. I can put these items in my cart, but when I try to check-out I get a message stating these cannot be shipped to my area. Since these items are advertised on Amazon's USA site & I am in the USA, why is it they cannot be shipped to me? The items in question are 48066-28050 / 4806628050 - Right Upper Front Arm For Toyota Asin #B00HCOFGQU & 48067-28050 / 4806728050 - Left Upper Front Arm For Toyota Asin #B00HCOFFU2. Both of these items are sold by Febest Europe Distribution OU.

Perhaps they will at least change the availability status in the listing. I'll report back with their response. Tim

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Amazon answered with a "form letter" type response. Basically a copy/paste from there FAQ section. Nothing in it specifically addressed what I was asking them (big surprise). So I sent the same email to Febest Europe. Looks like this is just a waste of time. I'd keep ordering this, but since the $50 part is gone, I cannot even complete the check-out process. Tim

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Febest Europe answered with this response:

Good day
    We are sorry we can not sell it by amazon. In our shipping setting USA closed.
    Becouse we have partner in USE and he have also shop on amazon.com
    To day they have not in stock this 0124-CM60RH item.

I think you can buy it from this catalogues.
    http:// febest . eu / RIGHT_UPPER_FRONT_ARM/0124-CM60RH
    http:// febest24 . com / right-upper-front-arm-0124-cm60rh-en.html

http://febest24.com/right-upper-fron...cm60rh-en.html
    http://febest.eu/RIGHT_UPPER_FRONT_ARM/0124-CM60RH

Best Regards
    isales A febest . eu
    [e-mail address removed]

So evidently Finest Auto Parts is Febest's USA partner. I went back in my Amazon purchase history (December last year) and see the 1st set I got was sold and supplied by Finest Auto Parts (which is now currently out of stock). I went to the Europe site they listed (above), but due to exchange rates and shipping, even if they would ship, it would be almost as much as purchasing OEM control arms from Toyota. So for now I guess the only way to get them is to pay a high price or to wait until Finest gets them back in stock (if ever). Tim

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Well looks like I might have gotten the last left upper arm.... I've been scouring the web all over the world for the part. Last night I typed in the part number and it popped up as being available so I bought it!!!!

I just checked the tracking and it shows that it's been shipped out and should be here next week, hopefully it's gonna be the correct part.

I went back on eBay to search for the part and now it's not coming, even after typing it in the exact way it shows up on the order listing? Which makes me think they'll send the wrong part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Since my last post on the subject I've tried to purchase Amazon's last $50 left arm several times, but they always cancel my order saying it's out of stock (WTF). The listing then switches to Febest Europe for a while, the price goes up, but then Finest always comes back with one more left for ~$50 and I try it again (more or less just to waste their time for being jerks).

Getting the right side arms is also a joke as they won't ship to the USA (story on my previous posts in this thread).

I'd say it's just game and you won't see that last left arm, but if they gave you tracking information..........who knows??????? Let us know what happens. BTW, what are you going to do with a single left arm? Do you already have a right side? Tim

My Van(s):

Tim,

backing up to sometime earlier in this thread I think when they were first available on Amazon, I think there was only 4 of each side left, you had ordered yours and then I ordered mine maybe the next day or something like that, so anyways you had gotten both of yours and I only received the right arm but the invoice showed they packed and shipped both left and right side. I got reimburse for the missing part and same as you kept trying to get the part and was told they were NLA in the US.

I've been trying to order on Amazon and have gotten the same disposition that they won't ship to the US or Canada. So my next course of action is going to have it shipped to China where I have a contact that'll receive it and bring it to me when he comes to the US. Hehehehehe!!!

Oh that's if the correct part doesn't come in...
    Last edited by JDM VANMAN; 03-02-2016 at 11:42 PM.

My Van(s):

Shipping update-

shows 11LBS pkg left FEDEX facility in Pampano Beach, FL. on 3/2/16 and estimated delivery date is 3/9/16.

Keeping my figures crossed I'll post picks of what I get!!

My Van(s):

Came home this morning and found a package on the door step, looks like I got it!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Congrats! Looks like you finally captured that last (now extinct) illusive Febest L/H Upper control arm. That's probably the same one I bought half a dozen times only to have them cancel my order. I just checked the Amazon listing and see no more listed by Finest. There's a bunch listed by Febest Europe, but they won't ship those to US. It's pretty messed up they're able to list items on our US Amazon yet they refuse to ship here. Tim

My Van(s):

I know that's so silly they would list it in a market that they don't want to provide service in... So ruuuuude

I got an email from Febest bout 2 days ago inquiring if I had gotten the part which was pretty interest, I just replied that it was here yet. And then in hide site I thought I should have asked if there was anymore available in the warehouse???

They must have been doing some new years cleaning and found it on the shelf cause I haven't been able to find the eBay listing again after I purchased it.

My Van(s):

Just an update but I didn't put it in my basket for purchase to see if they will ship to the US?

https://www.amazon.com/FEBEST-0124-C...ace+4806728050

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Yeah, that's the same stupid listing I was talking about before. It will let you put the item in your cart, but if you try to check-out it says:

"Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order. You can also see if this item is available to ship to your address from another seller."

So if you're not going to sell/ship to me, then why list it? Perhaps I should change my address to Germany or something...........but then I would just purchase from the German Amazon. I complained about it to both Febest and Amazon (ranted about it earlier in this thread), but nobody "got it". It's like I'm just a trouble maker complaining about something that doesn't matter........oh wait, that does sound a bit like me . Whatever

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    Blue 1987 4wd 5-speed Hi/Lo Manual Hubs - Sold. Grey 1987 4wd Cargo conversion, automatic in repair mode.

Found this one while wasting time on ebay. It's on partsgeek. It's 250. Did they buy the febest and mark the price up 5X?
    http://www.partsgeek.com/4vnxzwy-toy...ntrol-arm.html

My Van(s):

Naw man that's a Dorman product according to the photo. But still trying to make a killing!!!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 Vanwagon 4wd, manual

just took Millie for an alignment and was told i need to do some fixes first. lower ball joints, upper left ball joint and driver side tie rod ends. I finally made it through this thread and the disappointments are incredible. I know its necessary to shop online but I'm pretty scared now. just saw these and was wondering if anyone has ordered them before and if the part is good and if the delivery was a nightmare. still looking for an upper. any recent luck? i see those on amazon, very tempting.
    thanks!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FRONT-LOWE...3D260813129362.

My Van(s):
    89 4WD, 87 le 4WD, 85 2wd , 87 2wd cargo , 88 2wd cargo. 76 International Harvester school bus,

Has anyone found a source for the ball joints yet? I just got an 89 for 200 bucks. runs great, but the PO had the alignment shop look at it and they quoted him around 800 for the job. He decided to sell as a result. Seems like the front end is kinda sloppy, but not so bad.