Hello Van Folk,
first, I'll get straight to the point. then, I'll tell you what I've checked.

when i bought this van it had been parked for like 8 years and change, when I got in it. zero issues other than that periodically the Christmas lights would get set up early. (6 warranty alternators later here we are. that poor shop)

before i went through all those alternators this thing would happen on occasions where I'd turn on my headlights only to find the highbeam indicator lit up with zero visibility of the road at night due to the fact that none of the headlights were on. now if I pull the lever during this, the highbeams and lowbeams come on. occasionally if i leave the headlights on while i'm driving, they'll eventually come on (that doesn't happen anymore.)

what's going on:
- when I switch the headlights to 'on' the RPM's drop about 100 rotations. so theres a draw, but its not the result of the indicator light I'm sure.
- when I switch the interior lights on. the top relay clicks.
- when I switch the headlights on, the relay below that clicks.
- when I pull back on the lever to flash the high beams with the switch rolled to the 'off' position, the bottom relay goes absolutely haywire and basically screams. (could it be that? don't have a multimeter. and I don't really remember if it did that before.)

I've checked:
- under the steering column, no discoloration on any of the connections.
- the relays haven't melted (so that's good)
- the plugs, wires leading into plugs and fuses in the fuse box are intact, well and nothings too hot besides a relay off to the left side of the fuse box.

things from before this:
the passenger side low beam was super dim.

that's all I got.
if anyone knows what this might be. any tips would be greatly appreciated I hope you folks have a stellar Saturday night
cheers,
Leon