Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Part numbers

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: Part numbers

Quote Originally Posted by nomoneymike1 View Post
    Is the oil filter listed above for a 2C-T?
    Its listed in the very first posting of this thread, member gunflint also has a 2C-T motor.

JDM

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Master Ace Surf 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by nomoneymike1 View Post
    Is the oil filter listed above for a 2C-T?
    I purchased the oil filter listed in this post (Wix 51368) and it didn't fit on my van ('88 Masterace Surf 4wd with a 2C-T). I ended up using a WIX 51515, which fit perfectly and is what I have used on all subsequent oil changes.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Master Ace 4x4 2-CT

2C-T Fan clutch part number

Anybody know which clutch fan is compatible with the 2c-t? CR30G-MEZX

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Master Ace 4x4 2-CT

Re: 2C-T Fan clutch part number

This was it:

https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=1621064020

Fit's great, works great and the thing came in 5 days from Japan?

My Van(s):

Re: 2C-T Fan clutch part number

Nice find on that fan!

Coupling Assy Fan part number 1621064020

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1990 master ace surf super touring turbo diesel 1984 Isuzu p'up diesel 2004 Mazda mpv 2004 chevy 3500 extended express

So I am ordering or trying to order a timing belt kit for my 1990 Master ace with a 2ct and everywhere I find the part number for just the belt, it says out of stock. Not even NAPA who specifically uses gates could find the part number as they even called gates directly.
    Also I would think the complete waterpump and all should happen then too but I don't know the part number for that. Any help would be great! Or updated known part numbers. Thank you

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Master Ace Surf 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by Creeptown57 View Post
    So I am ordering or trying to order a timing belt kit for my 1990 Master ace with a 2ct and everywhere I find the part number for just the belt, it says out of stock. Not even NAPA who specifically uses gates could find the part number as they even called gates directly.
    Also I would think the complete waterpump and all should happen then too but I don't know the part number for that. Any help would be great! Or updated known part numbers. Thank you
    Did this exact job a few months back. I ordered all of the parts from rockauto.com.

Water Pump – Asin WPT004
    Timing Belt – Gates T098
    Timing Belt Tensioner – Gates T41077
    Timing Belt Idler – Gates T42027

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Creeptown57 View Post

Also check posting #3 in this thread for additional part numbers you may need, member adamh posted a lot of good information.

Good luck

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1990 master ace surf super touring turbo diesel 1984 Isuzu p'up diesel 2004 Mazda mpv 2004 chevy 3500 extended express

Thank you! I don't see the part numbers for the front engine seals, crank and cam shaft seals. I heard it's good to change them while doing the belt. Thanks again. The info on this page is wonderful.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    -1989 TownAce Manual 5spd Diesel 4x4 -1991 Previa LE

Shifter Cable

Hi Friends,
    My 89' Diesel 2-CT 4WD Manual Townie is broke down and in need of a new shifter cable (part #: 33821-28010??) there is one other thread on the site I could find with no real useful info.

The problem is that this part is completely discontinued at this point. Two different Japanese websites have had to take the part off of the site after i purchased it because its no longer available. Pick and pulls are nil down here in Santa Cruz CA so no go there. Last option is to fab the part (which I don't wanna do). Any help? advice? direction? anyone parting out willing to send it on down to CA?

Also - after this gets sorted out I will be selling the van so any one interested PM me. it has a rebuilt motor with only a few thousand miles on it and a full camper conversion with solar and gas done by Advanture.co. A discounted price will go to anyone willing to sort out the shifter cable deal on their own. -------> Will also be posting in classifieds.

Thanks!
    Yoda

My Van(s):

Re: Shifter Cable

I did a quick part number cross reference amd it looks like it matches to the manual transmission shifter of US vans as well. You really need to keep a eye out for any that roll into the scrap yard and make a parts run!!

Good luck

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    -1989 TownAce Manual 5spd Diesel 4x4 -1991 Previa LE

Re: Shifter Cable

Thanks for J for taking the time to do that. Much appreciated.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 MasterAce Surf

Glow Plugs for 2CT:
    TOYOTA 1985064031
    BERU 0100226475
    NGK 7782
    BOSCH 0250202095

These are some, at least.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    Vandi -'93 LiteAce 2CT, Auto, 4wd, Skylite!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I purchased the oil filter listed in this post (Wix 51368) and it didn't fit on my van ('88 Masterace Surf 4wd with a 2C-T). I ended up using a WIX 51515, which fit perfectly and is what I have used on all subsequent oil changes.
    This is super interesting because I have a 2CT motor and that Wix 51515 did not fit, it was in stock so I wanted to try it and it was half the price as the 51368. I Ordered the 51368 will be here in a few days. The oring seemed to be the right diameter but the Female threads was wrong and the OD of filter was wrong.
    Name:  FE4759F7-E6F1-48C9-A4B3-30A7B701264F.jpg
Views: 1401
Size:  20.3 KB

I ended up up putting the old filter back on, yay.
    I was a member for 2 years before I bought my van.
    Vandi-

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 MasterAce Surf

Oil pump seal and camshaft seal. The last week has been trying. The water pump went out on my 1988 MasterAce Surf. I figured it would be a good idea to do the timing belt as well. The 1986 Toyota Camry shares the same type of engine. The water pump, timing belt, idler pulleys were all easy to locate on RockAuto.com. The camshaft, oil pump and crankshaft seals were all leaking. Apparently, between 1986 and 1988, there was a design change to the camshaft and oil pump and the seals are not the same. I had a bit of a learning curve here. These are metric seals (duh) and they will have a code imprinted on the edge. The oil pump seal code was "20 32 5R". The first number in the inside diameter (20mm), second was the outside diameter (32mm) and the third number was the width of the seal (5mm). The letter, I assume, indicated a rubber coated seal. I plugged those numbers into Amazon and added "oil seal" and was greeted with, what I hope, is the correct seal along with the Toyota part number. Here they are below:

Oil Pump Seal: 20 30 5R 90029-21007
    Cam Shaft Seal: 38 50 6 90311-38025

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 4WD Master Ace Surf Diesel

Hi- does anyone have a part number for the starter? I've read the threads about contact replacement but would like a number for the starter itself- thanks!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '92 LiteAce Camper

Adding some cross over parts to this thread.

The rotors, drums, pads, shoes, and drum hardware from the USDM 4x4 Vans are a direct fit on the JDM 4x4 variants. Well at least it was on my LiteAce camper. I think it's a safe assumption it will on the the other variants as well.

The front brake lines and calipers also fit great. I had a seized caliper and went the remanufactured route rather than rebuild. The factory calipers were a large single piston, but the USDM Van calipers are a dual piston.

Replacing the front rotors was a bit annoying as they sit behind the hub. Lots of DIYs out there already on how to replace the rotors on Toyota pickups/trucks with the same style hubs. Good opportunity to repack the wheel bearings though. The front axle seals are the same too. You'll need to replace those too when replacing the rotors.

Part numbers for parts I installed for front a rear brake overhaul:

Calipers
    Centric 14144090 and 14144089

Front brake lines
    Centric 15044303

Front Rotors
    Centric 12144048

Front Pads
    Centric 10203880

Front Bearing Seal
    National 226610

Rear Shoes
    (can't find but same a 4x4 USDM Van)

Drum Hardware Kit
    Carson 17283

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    89 Townace 2CT 4wd 88 Vanwagon Auto 4WD

In reference to the above post, My 89 Townace 4wd is dual piston on the front. Is yours on the full frame conversion chassis/ shifter on the colum?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '92 LiteAce Camper

Quote Originally Posted by cusco-awd View Post
    In reference to the above post, My 89 Townace 4wd is dual piston on the front. Is yours on the full frame conversion chassis/ shifter on the colum?

Oh interesting. The plot thickens. Yep it is.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '92 LiteAce Camper

Timing cover bolts and washers. 12 total needed to replace all the bolts on the timing covers.

Bolt:90109-06046

Washer: 90210-08019

Lower radiator hose: 16572-64130

Upper radiator hose: 16571-64110 (appears to be discontinued)

21. 04-22-2020, 05:55 AM