Thread: Got broken sun visor mounts? 3d print some replacements...

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 4wd 5spd

Got broken sun visor mounts? 3d print some replacements...

All credit is due to thingiverse author mavera. Turns out that the sw20s, 2nd gen mr2, sun visor mounts are identical or close enough that they work. I originally was trying to make them work on my aw11s, first gen mr2, broken sun visor mounts (they do not without modification) when one of the ones in my van broke. So I took a look at my vans mount and to my surprise they are the same as near I can tell. After smoothing out the center hole with a rat tail file the visor turns freely and without issue. I dont know how long these will last but i imagine quite a while and even if they dont i can always print new ones. You can find the files at this link, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4683461. Of course you can finish them up more if you so desire, i however installed them raw for the time being. The method I used to remove the lock washer thing on the end of the post was to clamp vise grips onto it and just twist it back forth while pulling until they come off. There is probably a better method that I am unaware of. For reinstalling that washer a hammer small socket do rather nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. 09-21-2022, 11:11 PM

Reason
    no longer relevant

3. 09-22-2022, 12:25 PM

Reason
    no longer relevant

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1992 Townace super extra 4x4 turbo diesel

Re: Got broken sun visor mounts? 3d print some replacements...

Oooooh thanks! I actually need this for mine!

5. 09-29-2022, 08:59 PM

Reason
    no longer relevant