Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One clean plug

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd Manual LE

Re: 1986 Toyota Cargo Van problems.

Teaching her right I see!! I'm in Tacoma too. Very Cool.

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota cargo van.

East coaster here but plan to hit west coast next year before heading north into Alberta.Found all the necessary threads to get this job done now it's just time and getting the parts!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd Manual LE

One of the Carolina's, I see. Are you going to drive the van to the west coast and Alberta?

Today I was able to get the fuel injectors out. It took about 6 hours total for me to gain access. The injectors came out with the fuel rail with no removal problems. Unfortunately, number 2 cylinder's injector was not clogged like I thought. I'm going to have them cleaned and fitted with new gaskets, while they are out. I don't know if the PO had done any work to the fuel system, so I might as well do it while they are out.

I did do find some plastic filter chunks in the entry to the fuel rail at the fitting, so I'm glad I got those out. The plastic fuel injector connectors broke on 3 & 4, so I'm in for some soldering. All of my vacuum lines need replacing and one cracked during the process. Old van...but I going to get this thing jamming again. It was doing so well until 3 month ago.

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota cargo van.

North! It depends on what kind of condition the van is in by then.We'll see. Nice job getting to the injectors! Sounds like you're getting it done. I'm waiting on my mechanic friend to get some time...

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd Manual LE

Re: One clean plug

I just got my fuel injectors back from Dr. Injector and I'm pretty excited with the results. One of the fuel injectors (injector for cylinder 2) failed the spray pattern test, failed the mL/second test, and had a flow rate of 10mL. The other had a flow rate of about 40mL!!! After cleaning them, I had a 360% increase in flow rate in the one injector. That was the issue. Very little fuel to cylinder 2. I attached the results to this post, in case anyone wants to see.

Name:  Fuel Injector Flow 2016-noname.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  90.6 KB

Now...to get this thing back together.

6. 05-03-2016, 03:10 PM

Reason
    double post after thread merge